What kind of boats are we driving around in? A picture would be great. I just got this from ebay. It's over 10' long.

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:14 pm

Last summer I got hooked and went all gung-ho(had to do something to get profootball and the horrible events of 2/3/08 off my mind). After about a dozen trips or so I bought a 10 ft jon boat off of craigslist from some guy in RI.

Its pretty good for one person but will all my gear, rods, oars, trolling motor and battery in it feels a little unstable. I can stand up in it if conditions are calm, but its not comfy to stand and fish in.

Also the wind really can blow you around in the smaller, lighter boats like this.

Just this morning (4/5) I was out on a new lake looking for smallies, only to realize in the 5 minutes it took me to rig my poles I was blown almost clear across the lake. I spent the next 45 minutes rowing/fighting my way back to the boat lauch. Needless to say I didn't get much fishing done beacuse of the windy conditions.

One thing I can recomend if you want to try a small boat is renting one at the Hopkinton resevoir. I haven't done it so I don't know the rates but I've heard its reasonable. Here is the link and number.

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/northeast/hpsp.htm

Outdoor Recreation of Hopkinton Inc. provides seasonal boat rentals (508) 435-3965.

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:44 pm

Whar charlie has there is a good little boat. The most popular jphn boat around is the Coleman Crawdad. Plastic and with a few modifications can be stood in easily. A 28lb thrust electric troll moter or stronger will push it just fine.

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:09 pm

Found this beauty for sale a while back. It was used as the tender on an ocean yacht. Boat has been real good to me, she still is near perfect and runs like a dream. 1986 18' Trophy with 85 HP Force.

Posted Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:13 am

Hi, I just picked up Tracker Grizzly 1448 with a 25HP Mecury EFI FOur Stroke. I'll have to post some pictures of it. I just signed up today. 5/23/2009

Posted Fri May 22, 2009 6:46 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links