I've been bass fishing in Massachusetts for a decent amount of time. I grew up on the North Shore I've had tough days on the water like anyone else but for the most part I can find the bass. I moved to Lowell recently and I've been up and down the Merrimack from Shore and on boat and haven't got so much as a bite it's frustrating as hell. At this point I've basically thrown every lure in my tackle box. With that said does anyone from this area have any advice for the Merrimack. (From UMass Lowell Boathouse to Nashua preferably). Please don't say live bait. Thanks

Posted Sat May 21, 2016 11:39 am

waysh

I've been bass fishing in Massachusetts for a decent amount of time. I grew up on the North Shore I've had tough days on the water like anyone else but for the most part I can find the bass. I moved to Lowell recently and I've been up and down the Merrimack from Shore and on boat and haven't got so much as a bite it's frustrating as hell. At this point I've basically thrown every lure in my tackle box. With that said does anyone from this area have any advice for the Merrimack. (From UMass Lowell Boathouse to Nashua preferably). Please don't say live bait. Thanks

Largemouth are hard to find on the Merrimack, especially in the Lowell section. Smallmouths are everywhere though. If you have a boat, go to where the little side channel empties back into the river at the Vespa golf course. On the opposite side of the river is a huge rock pile that should be ~10-20 feet under the water if river level is normal or high. Fish deep with senkos or creme worms with spinner and you will get plenty of fish.

Posted Sat May 21, 2016 5:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links