Who's goin' Fishin this weekend & what are you throwing!!

I got some jigs, jerkbaits, slow rolllin that spinner with a trailer and mabye some tubes! Go Fish

Posted Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:00 pm

I went a week ago off the shore. a few hits but nothing caught, Was so nice to be out there, and heading out this week just not sure where yet

Posted Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Hey Greek:

I moved to NJ and went out yesterday evening. All ice has been gone here for a couple of weeks. Fished jigs with a trailer real slow and caught a LMB and a pickerel on an inline. Go slow and finesse whatever you throw and I had success with black/blue jigs and trailers. The inline was a white rooster tail with black spots and silver blade, 1/8 oz. Good luck.

Posted Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:18 am

Definitely hitting the water just got to find out where, a lot of the ponds boat ramps are flooded out up here. Maybe hit the Mystic or Concord river. Probably using jigs, jerkbaits, and maybe some drop shot. Cant wait, water is still cold but it will just be good to get out there.

Posted Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:24 pm

Saturday fishing !!!!!!oh yeah 70 degrees i think im gonna hit massapoag in sharon or Norton res and will be throwing crankbaits, (liking the new red eye shad 1/4oz its really nice!!) also wanna work on my jigging skills and you have to throw a few worms out!!!! I went out last week to a local spot and got one right away on a new lure then it just shut down 3 hours and nothing but got my first of the year 1lb 6oz decent!!!

Posted Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:26 pm

Water was still cold {30*-40*} at Lake Rico in East Taunton , was out there for a couple of hours no hit's tried everything, But the weather was great!! Sat. Will try Norton an work my way down to Taunton and in joy the weather.

Will no luck at Norton , New Pond at Easton , an Lake Rico at East Taunton but did talk to a few fisherman and women, A boater at Norton did catch a couple of bass that I saw from shore.

Last edited by inkslinger on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:41 pm

tried massapoag in sharon nothing happening yet might try something more shallow today.I will keep ya posted if anything happens

Posted Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:28 am

went to the oxbow the other day and no action at all. might try hampton ponds tomorrow

Posted Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:53 pm

Went out for an hour before work on friday, just couldn't wait til Sunday! But, no luck at all. Threw jigs, tube & a small spinner with a trailer very slow.

I'm hoping that the rain stays away til monday! I think fish were still to deep to reach from shore. Got my crawdad jon boat ready to go! Laughing

Posted Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:01 pm

Took the little one to Spy Pond with the Disney Princess fishing rod Santa brought her. (Yeah, it's pink, but it casts pretty good). We were fishing with shiners, no action, but had a helluva time anyhow. She fell in and got a good dunking, but she's a trooper, came ashore laughing her head off.

Posted Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:10 pm

acuteangler

Took the little one to Spy Pond with the Disney Princess fishing rod Santa brought her. (Yeah, it's pink, but it casts pretty good). We were fishing with shiners, no action, but had a helluva time anyhow. She fell in and got a good dunking, but she's a trooper, came ashore laughing her head off.

Thats what its all about.

Posted Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:43 pm

Hit Lower Mystic Lake and the upper part of Mystic River, but not much of anything to report. Spent a good bit of the time bumping a black w/red glitter Zoom trick worm along the bottom, but also tied a small spinner bait onto my ultralight rod and tossed that a bit. Whole lotta nothing, but man was it nice to feel the sun on my face and make some casts.

Posted Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:33 am

Fished Hampton ponds Sunday in my waders and caught a small largemouth using a slow spinner bait. Still pretty early can't wait til the water warms up.

Posted Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:46 pm

I haven't got to go yet... but when I do, I'll be tossing jigs and dead-sticking suspending jerkbaits, and maybe slow-rolling a spinnerbait.

don't forget guys, this time of year, the action in the afternoon is often(usually) better than in the morning, and the north side of the lake gets more direct sunlight too.

Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:23 am

Got out on sunday @ 11:30 am. It was very windy, tuff to keep small boat from being blown around! No, bites Sad . Tried jigs, spinerbaits real slow & jerk baits.

Water was about 48*, couldn't seem find where bass were holding.

It was a good day to get the crawdad in water & get familiar with it. Also, tried out my new Abu garcia silver max baitcaster. Did not get one birds nest!! Laughing .

The fishin is only gonna get better!

Posted Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:57 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links