I thought that one can view this site for info and reports on how the fishing is going. Possibly areas that are doing well, what's hitting, what's not, and on what.
What I am finding is that no one wants to report anything. Apparently, very few people have questions.
If this is so, what is the purpose of this site? Confused Confused

sorry, guys. I don't mean to sound harsh. just noticing that this site is pretty inactive and don't understand why.

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:32 pm

That's a question for the lurkers, 38 of them compared to just 3 members as I type this reply. There are many trips posted here but people have gotten wise to posting locations. Don't want to give away info to folks who don't return the favor.

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:03 pm

That's a question for the lurkers, 38 of them compared to just 3 members as I type this reply. There are many trips posted here but people have gotten wise to posting locations. Don't want to give away info to folks who don't return the favor.

Probably right about that, no one wants to give up their honey hole. I don't want to know any secrets when I ask questions, I just want to know where I can park my truck to get my kayak in the water. The rest of the trade secrets, I would rather learn them myself. I'm not hard headed, just enjoy the hunt for the fish too much!!

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:09 pm

bloomagoo

Well said!!

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:39 pm

ask away. You'll find when a reasonable question/topic comes up there's plenty of useful conversation

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:46 pm

No one likes their favorite fishing spot blown up - which there are more than a few instances just from this site - I may even be guilty of a couple.

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Part of it is selfishness. That's a natural reaction, I think. No one likes seeing a once tranquil hideaway spot ruined. And that's the biggest problem, really. Fishermen ruin spots. Not all fishermen, of course, but many just don't care and want to go out and slay 'em. And they tell their friends, who tell their friends, and it snowballs from there.

And once the White Bucket Brigade catches wind, screw it, it's over. Haha.

I remember years and years ago, back when I was a teenager, my father and I often fished Traphole Brook in Walpole. It was an amazing trout fishery. BIG trout were caught regularly. We'd take some to eat on occasion, too.

Then my father made the mistake of bringing one of his work buddies out there. That guy then told people he knew, and they started going out there every weekend, just loading up on trout, having fish fries and getting wasted every weekend. They took everything they caught, even the monsters.

Fishing in that area quickly went downhill. A handful of people ruined it. There are still trout there, but only little ones as far as I can tell. I believe they still stock it. That's not a lasting effect of these guys, of course, but one of pollution and human encroachment, I think.

Long-winded answer, I know. Sorry. =)

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:42 pm

I hear ya. no one likes spot burning. but there is little activity here. I'm just looking for a reason to revisit the site daily. looking to hear that the fish are/are not hitting. what's working. areas are general - salem, Gloucester, boston harbor, etc. that's not spot burning. not like saying at the #8 can or on the ocean side of bakers.
just some interesting activity.

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:58 pm

kenwood and bloomagoo definitely nailed it about blowing up spots.

regarding what's working and what's not, i don't think that's always helpful when giving just general locations. what works one day may not work the next due to tons of factors. or you may go down the road from one place where they crush frogs but you need to drop shot 40' deep.

the most useful information is when people give a breakdown of their patterns, techniques etc. for a trip so others can apply that knowledge themselves when facing specific conditions, water types and all of that.

if you have specific questions, tons of people will provide useful information.

and regarding spots, people have sent me PMs and I have shared information that way. i know others have as well.

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:36 pm

As for me, I have PM'ed a few members in the past for advise and have received plenty of info. Just my .02

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:39 pm

I think traffic here has slowed down because it's summer and everyone is fishing. When I joined a while back it seemed to be busier.

Either way, stick around. This is a far better fishing forum than some others out there, where everyone acts like giant dildos. Haha.

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:44 pm

Absolutely agree with you Kenwood Very Happy I have been fishing a little but have been finishing a big project. As for dildos here there are only small ones here

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:50 pm

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! things like that - helpful hints.
If you had a good day, tell us about it. What'd you use? weather conditions, water temp.

I have PM'd for info for fear of the spot burning thing and I thank those who have been generous enough to share their info

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:53 pm

rdhammah

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! things like that - helpful hints.
If you had a good day, tell us about it. What'd you use? weather conditions, water temp.

I have PM'd for info for fear of the spot burning thing and I thank those who have been generous enough to share their info

i think you just havent looked back on the trips page... i, for one have written a few recently. when i started on MAFF i ASKED specific questions, and have always been helped. plus, you can find a lot of info on youtube regarding what works and what doesnt.

bottom line is, ASK SPECIFIC QUESTIONS and a lot of people will help you out bro.

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:07 pm

My last few trips (actually most of them) are all about the details. I've protected some locations usually out of respect for stratos because I stole all of his spots.

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links