Looking for 6'6" or 7' Quantum Tour Grade Spinning rod MH with the old 1/8 to 3/4 weight rating. Broke the tip off mine first of the season and was lost without it all year for worm and soft jerkbaits.

Posted Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:17 am

creasekeeper

Looking for 6'6" or 7' Quantum Tour Grade Spinning rod MH with the old 1/8 to 3/4 weight rating. Broke the tip off mine first of the season and was lost without it all year for worm and soft jerkbaits.

Did too much break off to replace the tip? At least could use it for another application

Posted Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:59 pm

Oh yeah I did that but this sucker broke 6in down so the rod is now a one I keep at work for shore fishing before or after work.The loss totally changed the rods action.

Posted Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:22 pm

same crap happened to me...i sent it in to quantum and they sent me the closest thing they had which was an upgrade....

Quantum Smoke PT Micro Guide Spinning Rod SKS664F 6'6" M F (6-14lb, 1/8-1/4 oz)

try doing the same. too bad i'll never use this rod. selling it soon...

Posted Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks for the tip this pole is several years old and let me be more clear I broke it. Carrying it in I let the office door close on the tip ie operator error. Plus no receipt.

I have bought a replacement but the action is not the same. I have broken and replaced and repurchased many a rod and had no prob getting used to the new but in this case just can't get that feel the old rod had. I know I know it does not help that I want to stay with the all Quantum set ups.

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:15 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links