We expect to see you at some of our kayak tournaments then.

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Yao, I just bought a Commander 120. Can't wait to get her on the water. Do you have any issues with it or do you love it? Was that you at the Ponki tournament last year standing?

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:30 pm

sftbllr12

The sit on top is definately gonna be it....I initially was gonna go with the ascend 12 foot...but i think the 10 foot will suffice.. it is lighter.....Thanks for all the input guys....Guess it's time for a trip to bass pro.

You might want to consider the Pescador too: http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Perception-Sport-Pescador-10-0-Kayak-Angler-Configuration&i=450786&r=view&aID=504M2&cvsfa=2586&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=343530373836&s_kwcid=goobase_goobase_filler&cID=GSHOP_450786

Gets good reviews.

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:39 pm

pmar20

Yao, I just bought a Commander 120. Can't wait to get her on the water. Do you have any issues with it or do you love it? Was that you at the Ponki tournament last year standing?

Congrats on the new boat! I remember seeing him using it at A1 last year and being jealous when my ass was killing me.

I was thinking about getting the Commander but I think I've decided on the Jackson Cuda (or the WS Ride)

There will be a lot of new boats on the kayak trail this year

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Thanks! I spent the entire winter torn between the Ride 115' WS Commander, Native Ultimate 12 and the Coosa. Just couldn't make up my mind. Finally just pulled the trigger on the Commander. No more sore ass.

Pete

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:12 pm

Congrats Pete. Can't wait to see you at a tournament in the new boat.

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks John. It's going to be a great season of yak fishing if this weather ever lets up. If I find that lying groundhog, I'm using him as bait.

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:21 pm

pmar20

Yeah that was me. I love it, it's so versatile. You can sit in the seat, like a SINK, or slide it under or leave it at home, and sit on the Captains Perch or stand, and it's super stable. It has a lot of usable space vs a SOT, you can throw a bag in the front or back and not have to worry about tying it down. The only downside is that it does track slightly slower than my Tarpon 120. I picked up a WS Ride 135 at the end of last year which I didn't get a chance to take out. Can't wait to take it our and see how it handles. The warm weather can't get here fast enough.

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:55 pm

jjbagoose

sftbllr12

The sit on top is definately gonna be it....I initially was gonna go with the ascend 12 foot...but i think the 10 foot will suffice.. it is lighter.....Thanks for all the input guys....Guess it's time for a trip to bass pro.

You might want to consider the Pescador too: http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Perception-Sport-Pescador-10-0-Kayak-Angler-Configuration&i=450786&r=view&aID=504M2&cvsfa=2586&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=343530373836&s_kwcid=goobase_goobase_filler&cID=GSHOP_450786

Gets good reviews.

Thats definately worth looking into...price is a definatie consideration for me....i can pick the ascend up at BP but will have to have the pescador shipped.....now i have another decision to make

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:45 am

Here's another option West Marine Pompano 120, this is the old Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 mold.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Looks like you need to purchase a seat separately and apparently they are not so easy to find. As one of the reviewers said, better to go with the Pescador (it's the same mold) with the seat and then add your own rod holders and anchor trolley.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:12 pm

The pescador has the rod holders.....is it easy too add the trolley system?

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:33 am

I recommend you take a look at the field and stream eagle talon 12 from dicks comes in yellow and camo also has three rod holders and a anchor trolley built in all for 550

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:46 am

absolutely, a couple of small aluminum carabiners (Home Depot or Lowes) or alternately, a couple of nylon bungee clips (Bass Pro or marine store), some medium weight nylon rope and a stainless steel ring. Attach the clips to pad eyes at either end of the yak, run the rope through both clips and tie both ends to the ring. Quick, simple, cheap.

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:49 am

I started out with a sit in kayak, after using it for about a year I realized why the ones made for fishing are all primarily SOT.

SOT are open so you really have a lot more room to move around and have much easier access to all your gear.

With certain models you have the ability to stand and fish or throw your legs off the side and fish "side saddle" those are both very helpful in certain situations.

The SOT are also usually able to hold more weight and are a bit wider and more stable, not to mention way easier to get in and out of.

Posted Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:19 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links