would really be interested in a tourny in western mass me and my brother have been trying to find some. let me know plz.

Posted Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:48 pm

A lot of people around western mass been wondering if theres any bass fishing tournys close but i always tell them most are out east more. Is there any plan on holding one around here or anyone who would wanna help plan one. i kno it would be a great turn out.

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:28 am

ffffffffff

Last edited by stevelibs on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 am

you tell me where you want to have one and I will put it together.
we can do a virtual one where you need a digital camera or smart phone, for the kayakers and canoes.
or we can have a topper tourney only, where a cooler livewell would be needed. we started doing some virtual tourneys for kayaks only

I do not know the area but would be willing to come out and run it for you if you want, let me know

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:54 am

Hello if you all wood like i can look in to southwick for a tournaments (congamond lake) they have 2 boat ramps Smile

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:27 pm

ron01

Hello if you all wood like i can look in to southwick for a tournaments (congamond lake) they have 2 boat ramps Smile

thats a good spot. also was thinkin like Lake Mattawa or Lake Wyola. Was wondering also about maybe the Quabbin not sure tho. just ideas hit me up with feed back

Posted Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:46 pm

I just sent condender an email, ron if you two want to come up with a place, i can help you guys get it going there pretty easy to run if everyones on the same page. you guys thinking car topper or kayak tourney or big boat?

Posted Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:04 pm

Hello everyone! I am ice and am a newbie here, first off thanks jonny for offering to put something together out here in Wmass. It is my neck of the woods as I live in Belchertown about 5-10 minutes from Quabbin Res. I would be in for a local tourny around here. Only problem with Mattawa is crappy boat launch and no parking and Wyola is wicked busy on weekends and hard to fish comfortably. I will keep checking in on this thread and maybe something will pan out. Take care guys

Posted Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Ok if we do this we need to know how many boats and where we are going to fish and if we need permi Very Happy ts; I would say all boats welcome Very Happy

Posted Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:32 pm

yeah id say all boats are welcome unless people have better idea. ive never done this before or anything so let me kno im 100% in for doing this. just really wanna fish in some tournaments Very Happy

Posted Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:22 pm

thecontender

yeah id say all boats are welcome unless people have better idea. ive never done this before or anything so let me kno im 100% in for doing this. just really wanna fish in some tournaments Very Happy

I partially agree but if you keep it to either cartoppers or gas motors it kind of levels the playing field. I only have a cartopper so I think I would have a disadvantage against a 17 foot bass boat with a bow mount foot control trolling motor and a 1000 dollar fishfinder. Just saying...... at any rate I too would like to fish somewhere out here and throw a few bucks into the kitty.... lets make it happen

Posted Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:49 pm

icehole37

thecontender

I partially agree but if you keep it to either cartoppers or gas motors it kind of levels the playing field. I only have a cartopper so I think I would have a disadvantage against a 17 foot bass boat with a bow mount foot control trolling motor and a 1000 dollar fishfinder. Just saying...... at any rate I too would like to fish somewhere out here and throw a few bucks into the kitty.... lets make it happen

Yea i deffinitly agree with u on that with the $$ bass boats. i only have a 13 foot fiberglass little john boat me and my brother have been restoring. It does have a 5 1/2 hp with the electric trolling motor. but i dont think thats any advantage plus i can always take the gas one off. Lets come together on a spot in the next few days and get this thing rolling

Posted Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:07 pm

Ok im in we need rules,make sure we have live wells and a place to fish ,we can draw numbers like a lot of bass tournment do , if needed i will look in to premints for southwick or hamedponds,or the river or a river or a pond near you

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:03 pm

I am going away next weekend so I couldn't do it then but perhaps the one after. My buddy has a fiberglass boat with a 9.9 HP so if we wanted to use motors I am sure he wouldn't mind using his boat as opposed to my trolling motor. As far as location I dont particularly care for Congamond or HP even though I know theres some big fish at Congamond. The place just gets too busy with rec boaters. HP just doesn't rate in my book but then again what the hell do I know. It would be nice to get something put together by the last week in August, lets Git-R-done

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Ok then hows the hatfield boat ramp sound not busy and a good place to fish no jet skis or rec boats

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links