any tournys in western ma? if not would any one be interested in starting some that include kayak anglers?

Posted Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:48 am

if you start one let me know.

Posted Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:34 am

ok

Posted Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:26 am

Let me know if you guys hear anything for 2012. I'm Very interested in a wmass tourney.

Posted Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:56 pm

did you see the tourney schedule at the bottom right of the homepage? Is Sturbridge or Brookfield considered western ma?

Posted Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:59 pm

@shawneramone,

No those are close enough to me thanks for pointing those out. I only have a canoe and trolling motor so I was wondering if there are any "canoe/kayak only", or "trolling motor only" tourneys in the area. Let me know if you know of any.

Thanks!

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:55 pm

The cartopper tourneys are electric only. I have a bass hunter that I ccar top. There iss a team that fished tourneys in a canoe

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Hello i have a bass boat i would like join in the fun if thats ok
I live in westfield

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Having some tournie's in Western Mass would be cool, I have my little cartopper but fishing is fishing

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Sounds good. We can all possibly set up a date for a tourney this year in Western MA if you guys want to do that. I dont know much about planning one but im sure some of you have experience with tourneys.

@shawneramone, do you have any more info on that "Cartopper tourney"? Thats exactly what Im looking for.

thanks

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:59 am

In the Lower right corner of the MAFF home page there's two lists. The first one is for regular tourneys and the bottom one is cartopper only.
here's the cartopper schedule
SUN 4/29/12 NORTON RES - HOSTED BY SMOKE
SUN 5/6/12 LAKE F-N BOOOOOOONE - HOSTED BY VALPEY
SUN 5/20/12 A-1 STUMP POND - HOSTED BY SMOKE
SUN 6/3/12 FARM POND - HOSTED BY SAM
SUN 6/17/12 DUDLEY POND - HOSTED BY CHUCK & MEAT
SUN 7/1/12 OLDHAM POND - HOSTED BY HALO
SUN 7/8/12 HORN POND - HOSTED BY NORTHSHORE
SUN 8/5/12 UPPER MYSTIC - HOSTED BY NORTHSHORE
SUN 9/2/12 MILL POND WAREHAM - HOSTED BY SINISTA
SUN 9/23/12 NORTH POND HOPKIN - HOSTED BY VALPEY

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:31 am

OK thats nice to see but y cant we have one on a pond here or a river here lol

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:51 pm

ron01

OK thats nice to see but y cant we have one on a pond here or a river here lol

set one up. Last year I saw many spontaneous tourneys pop up. Some got good turnouts, some got cancelled. Keep in mind you'll have to have at least one bag and one scale for weigh in.

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:30 pm

id be down for a small cartop tourney as well sounds like a good idea

Posted Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:59 am

Never fear, there WILL be several "side" tourneys going down here in western mass!!! Dan and I are already looking at the schedules to see where we may be able to run a few. Either way I run a cartopper most days, so keep your eyes open as we get into the season, if I can throw together an impromptu tourney on a weekend I will post it up in advance, only need a couple guys to show, run what you brung unless we decide cartopper/electric only. Being central/western mass guys we did a ton of traveling last year, and I can tell all you other guys from this area may want to throw your hats in the ring, but traveling that far can be a pain sometimes, so lets bring some tourneys to you!!! More the merrier I say!!!
Those that are seriously interested, pm me some of the possible locations you'd like to see, we can all bounce ideas around and get the ball rolling!!

Posted Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:57 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links