Well now that fishing season is in full swing pretty much, i thought ide give everyone a friendly reminder. Just went fishing for about 15 min on my lunch break (caught a nice crappie) got back and felt something on my shoulder.. friggen tick. Thought it was to early for em but i have been proven wrong. Take care out there guys watch out for the little bastards.

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I had to pick off quite a few of the little buggers last season.

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:00 pm

Will recommend permethrin as a tick-fighter as it is worlds better than DEET:

http://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-Products-Permethrin-Clothing-Repellent/dp/B00MA950E0

Spray it on boots, pant legs, arms, clothes. Works great, ticks HATE it. Also have a few shirts by Columbia IIRC that are impregnated with permethrin.

Last edited by ejoy on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:58 pm

Fellow Anglers...Deer ticks and Lyme are serious business. I have several family members (avid bird watchers/hikers) who have Lyme Disease and have battled the disease in all it's stages for a long time.
The deer ticks that actually carry the bacteria are in the nymph stage and are very, very small...a little bigger than a poppy seed in actual diameter. Very hard to detect.
Three things I do every time I am outdoors in a "tick friendly" environment:
Wear bug/tick repellant with at least 25% DEET ingredient.
Deep Woods Off is a good product.

I use a lint roller after each time outdoors and cover all my clothing and my son's clothing. I have found many ticks over the years.

Do a visual body check prior to showering.

Just be aware and habitual with your "tick checking" and you can avoid contacting Lyme Disease.

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:14 pm

Local news ran a story tonight that claimed that the tick season is expected to be especially bad this spring due to an abundance of snow this winter.

Posted Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:10 pm

It's a jungle out there Exclamation Laughing

Posted Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:58 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links