lilpixiblue

Thanks!! That's close enough to me, been meaning to check it out. I heard they stock it with Rainbows. It'd be cool if there were biguns!

Spot pond can be tough for any fish. Crystal clear water with steep drop offs right for shore makes it tough. But if you a get a bite it tends to be worth it.

Posted Tue May 07, 2013 7:41 pm

Some of the best trout fishing around . Have fished there since I was a kid with my old man. I can't even put a number on the amount of trout myself and all of my fishing buddies have caught over the years.. Don't be afraid too get a little wet. If I can find some photos I will send you some pics.

Posted Tue May 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Ooh, I've been trying to scout out a good spot on my maps to fish the Ipswich River from, being boatless & all right now. I have been hitting up Griswold Pond almost every evening as it's about 8 minutes from home. Tricky spot, and more of a good kid's spot than anything. If there's trout in there like they say, they want nothing to do with my Blue Fox Flash spinnerbaits, Lip Ripperz ZSpoons or salmon eggs (all supposed to be irresistible to trout).

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 12:25 am

frankiefisheye

Some of the best trout fishing around . Have fished there since I was a kid with my old man. I can't even put a number on the amount of trout myself and all of my fishing buddies have caught over the years.. Don't be afraid too get a little wet. If I can find some photos I will send you some pics.

Awesome!! Now that's what I'm talkin' about!! Smile I've got trout fever. It won't go away till I catch one.

thelucky - Spot Pond just looks tough to me, can't explain it. Cleanliness is a big factor for me, though. Esp. growing up as an ocean girl.

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 12:33 am

Been to griswald for two years never caught anything but sunfish and small pickerel. Went all around the pond a couple weeks back, shore fishing is all i do. It's easy there and 5 minutes from my house.

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 5:37 pm

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/fishing/trout/trout_stocking_schedule.htm

Click on the map in your area.
One lists what was stocked and the other is a complete list of waters stocked.
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/fishing/trout/trout_stocked_waters.htm

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 6:32 pm

trout1226

Been to griswald for two years never caught anything but sunfish and small pickerel. Went all around the pond a couple weeks back, shore fishing is all i do. It's easy there and 5 minutes from my house.

Caught a (tiny) baby largemouth there earlier this week and SURPRISINGLY something pretty damn big right after that which wiggled its way off the hook about 5 feet away from shore while reeling it in (that small holographic rainbow lil Cleo spoon in my box is a champ. Never fails me). The fish were jumping everywhere that day. It was nuts. Stayed & fished it till after dark because of all the action. If there's anything substantial in there, though, they're smart as hell! But no one seems to fish spring pond right there. Makes me wonder.

troutfreak

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/fishing/trout/trout_stocking_schedule.htm

Click on the map in your area.
One lists what was stocked and the other is a complete list of waters stocked.
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/fishing/trout/trout_stocked_waters.htm

I've checked it before but I'll check it out again. I think I've actually gotten better info here than the Mass.Gov site ever could have given me.

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 11:09 am

I pulled a 15'' Rainbow Trout out of the Deerfield River in Charlemont,Ma last night. They seem to love night crawlers in the Deerfield river. Also pulled out a few small catfish later on that night.

Posted Sat May 11, 2013 9:11 am

Nice!! Can't wait to make it out there. I spent the weekend with the family in Ogunquit Maine & fished the Ogunquit River mouth from the surf today for whatever I could catch. This dude tells me you can catch large atlantic salmon there on flies but you really need to put in the time. Then I just read that it's renowned for sea-run browns. Now I can't wait to go on a camping trip nearby after I buy my fly rod.

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 12:15 am

Here in NorthEast Mass, we are dominated by the Merrimack River, which to my knowledge isn't a hotspot for trout. Two places I have caught trout around here are at Lake Saltonstall (Pluggs Pond) and a small 300ft section of the Little River in Haverhill. If you want a stream environment to fish, hit up the Little River, it is fast moving and brook trout can be actively seen surface feeding every day. Saltonstall is more hit or miss during summer months. Without a boat catching trout is tough here. Best lures for me are Rapala gold/silver jointed floating minnows trolled as slow as possible to give the lures the right action. Black and yellow streamer flies work well trolled early morning or at dusk. For fishing the Little River I suggest a floating fly line with a serious leader(skittish brookies) with a dry midge fly or a combo of a june beetle terrestrial (as a strike indicator) used ahead of a midge nymph or emerger midge pattern.

Posted Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:11 am

While not a river, White Pond in Concord is a great trout pond. I've caught some big browns and rainbows while bass fishing with senkos. Can see them swim at the surface under the boat on a calm day. And the water is very clean and clear.

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:47 am

The Nashua river is one of the best and most accessible rivers for trout fishing in the worsecter area

Posted Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:30 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links