Anyone else been out yet?

Finally did last sunday, but could only get out for about 3 hours with some bread.

Managed 2 fish about 10lbs each from my lawrence Swim.

Did get to test out the new pod/alarm setup!

[/img]

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:37 am

went out a few weeks ago on a couple of spots on the pawucket canal in lowell. caught 4 carp. my conservative estimate is they were all around ten pounds.

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:34 pm

some good spots right along the merrimack in lowell both above and below the dam. I caught my PB there last year just above the dam.

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Nice..your looking like a proper carp angler now lol!

Managed my first real session in a while due to chaos on the home front but now that it is all settled it was time for some carp. Got about 10 tween Simon and myself with the biggest tipping 26 pounds up in Amesbury

You and I have to get back out there soon..I'll be hitting ya up soon hopefully

Posted Wed May 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Thats some nice fishing over 25lbs. In the river's, what do you guys use?

Posted Thu May 10, 2012 11:48 am

ya i am trying to catch a big carp myself

Posted Fri May 11, 2012 8:24 pm

muskiebigfish

Thats some nice fishing over 25lbs. In the river's, what do you guys use?

All sorts of things depending on season, swim etc etc...Primarily though I use a bunch of my own boilies and various particle. Combined with a good method mix or ground bait you can turn the rivers on. You can check my videos on boilies here if oyu'd like an idea. keep in mind these are simple and designed for the hair rig but very effective.

http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/tutorial-how-to-make-boilies-t2267.html

There are also a few other tutorials here in the carp forum and many sites out there including www.blackstonecarp.com

Posted Fri May 11, 2012 8:28 pm

I been out three times now and no fish yet lots of breaches but nothing is biting for me. Picking up two bfs 12 footers tomorrow morning for 20 bucks off Craigslist. I'm ready for Sunday's event hopefully I'll catch something there to start my season off

Posted Fri May 11, 2012 8:39 pm

i have been out not yet for particularly carp though i hope to do that after some bass

Posted Sun May 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Are there BIG Carp still in Greenhill Park Pond. I remember as a kid you could fish up there one day a year. The stories they used to tell about HUGE German's taking a whole Bulkie Roll.

Posted Mon May 14, 2012 12:34 pm

blackstonecarp

Nice..your looking like a proper carp angler now lol!

Managed my first real session in a while due to chaos on the home front but now that it is all settled it was time for some carp. Got about 10 tween Simon and myself with the biggest tipping 26 pounds up in Amesbury

You and I have to get back out there soon..I'll be hitting ya up soon hopefully

hey Eric,hope all is well. I need to get the rods out soon too.

Posted Mon May 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Looking forward too it liam. Do you still have my number?

Posted Mon May 14, 2012 2:53 pm

blackstonecarp

Looking forward too it liam. Do you still have my number?

yes i do, i will give you a call this week

Posted Mon May 14, 2012 8:16 pm

just made my first boilies. I used almond meal, ground up oatmeal, scoop of whey protein (oreo flavor), 2 packets of sugar, flour and 1.5 eggs. No food coloring at hand. I think my i should have stuck to 1 egg, as I wasn't getting a "dough" ball consistency, it was more mushy and really sticky, if i rolled up a ball, it would eventually flatten out, so i had to re-ball them just before dropping into boiling water. Wasn't too much work, but hope they work better than sweet corn, which requires a pop of a can to use Smile

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 9:28 pm

I've gone out on 2 occasions within the last week now, specifically targeting carp and have gotten no bites. Anyone hooking up out there? I was using oatmeal boilies (hope its not my bait).

Posted Thu May 31, 2012 3:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links