essox

muskiebigfish

This is an OPEN INVITE!!!! I live in Worcester close to the Pike
Who is ready for the Fresh Water Fight that a BASS just can't deliver, not even the Stripers fight like this!!!

Hi I just took a trip to Chicopee because they have a nice boat ramp - Carp was slow we cut 4 and a nice Sturgeon Smile

Can't believe you caught a sturgeon! Do you know what species it was (shovelnose, lake, etc.)?

Posted Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Also haven't caught a carp before and really wanna catch one. How long ballpark would the drive to that part of the ct be from the south shore?

Posted Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Ballpark, 3 hours. That's a rough guess, maybe closer to 2. But there are place way, way closer to you that have carp, some of which have even bigger carp than the CT. But I'm guessing you don't care much about the size, if you've never caught one before. PM me. I'll help you out.

Posted Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:36 pm

teamtrout

essox

muskiebigfish

This is an OPEN INVITE!!!! I live in Worcester close to the Pike
Who is ready for the Fresh Water Fight that a BASS just can't deliver, not even the Stripers fight like this!!!

Hi I just took a trip to Chicopee because they have a nice boat ramp - Carp was slow we cut 4 and a nice Sturgeon Smile

Duuude, you caught a sturgeon?!? I hope you snapped a pic... I l'd really like to see that!

What was the bait? And nice with the carp by the way. How big? That's a decent spot, but there isn't a ton of size there. They tend to max out in the high 30's (rare) there with and occasional 40 (very rare). There are other spots (primarily large lakes) that hold many mire high 40's, and much better numbers of high 30's.

The Carp was 11,14,17 and 22 Sturgeon was 41 inch and 14lbs I have a pic in my Phone - Bait was a nightcrawler Smile Best for Sturgeon Smile

Posted Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:55 am

muskiebigfish

If you are serious about catching a Trophy Carp, now is the TIME!!!!!!
The Carp are on Fire at the Ct River in S. Hadley, below the Dam, as we speak.

I dare say they are running in Biblical Proportions but it almost looks like the Salmon River in full tilt Yeah Baby

We have been having our way with them on Corn, Dough Balls and get this, GARLIC yup I said GARLIC!!! They got Vampire Carp in that river hahahahahahaha lots of Fish from 25-35lbs

Great Luck to all, it's worht the drive down the Pike to exit 5, maybe 10 mins off the Pike.

Do they hace a boat ramp in South Hadley?

Posted Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:48 pm

South Hadley has a public access point. Daylight parking with a trail that leads down to the river, yo could drag a kayak or canoe down it, is not that far from the parking.

Posted Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:45 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links