Hi guys, i,m trying to bring my 95 procraft back to life ,new rug,clearcoating the upper 1/2 and cockpit and replacing the seat covers. but cant seem to locate any covers. anybody know of a site to shop at. im cheaping out. i want to replace the foam and cover. tnks in advance.

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 pm

Jimmy, Happy New Year!

check out
http://www.bassboatseats.com/

or these guys are local
http://www.newenglandtrim.com/

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Tnks dan i,ll check out ne. trim. Looks gd.

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:57 am

basshunter62

Hi guys, i,m trying to bring my 95 procraft back to life ,new rug,clearcoating the upper 1/2 and cockpit and replacing the seat covers. but cant seem to locate any covers. anybody know of a site to shop at. im cheaping out. i want to replace the foam and cover. tnks in advance.

My uncle owns a company called Fit and Stitch in South Kingstown RI, they specialize in marine upholstry , covers, awnings etc. They do phenominal work, he can make you just about and color size shape cover you want, let me know if you are interested, ill give him a call, see if I can get you a discount and get the ball rolling

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:24 am

sinista

basshunter62

My uncle owns a company called Fit and Stitch in South Kingstown RI, they specialize in marine upholstry , covers, awnings etc. They do phenominal work, he can make you just about and color size shape cover you want, let me know if you are interested, ill give him a call, see if I can get you a discount and get the ball rolling

Can he re-do boat seats? I could use some new vinyl on mine for sure.

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:27 am

basshunter62

I would stay away from clearcoating... as it will just flake off after a year.

Check out the first post in this thread to see how to restore the gelcoat. I have seen it done on a boat that you would throw away otherwise and it looked amazing. http://www.bbcboards.net/bassboat-restoration/159431-basscat7s-post-fixing-gelcoat.html

Lot of work, but it comes out great.

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:30 am

blackgts2002

sinista

basshunter62

Absolutely can, I worked there for a while, in most cases re uses the original foam as well, Ive seem him restore seat foams that were ten years old, he hits them with the steam gun and they expand back to life, pretty wild to watch

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:30 am

sinista

blackgts2002

sinista

basshunter62

Absolutely can, I worked there for a while, in most cases re uses the original foam as well, Ive seem him restore seat foams that were ten years old, he hits them with the steam gun and they expand back to life, pretty wild to watch

http://www.fitnstitch.net/providence-ri-boat-upholstery.htm

heres the link to their website

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:33 am

sinista

sinista

blackgts2002

sinista

basshunter62

Great, thanks! Let us know about that discount or the approx cost. Most times I have found it basically the same price to replace the seats.

http://www.fitnstitch.net/providence-ri-boat-upholstery.htm

heres the link to their website

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 am

???? you quoted the text but didnt respond??? lol

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:40 am

sinista

I just said thanks. That was weird.

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:44 am

blackgts2002

sinista

I just said thanks. That was weird.

No problem bud

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:45 am

Tnks neil,dan and, esp. joe. cause ive already picked up 2 quarts of croma clear and activator. so i hav 2 rethink.clear verse gel. i hav already burned threw the gelcoat a few yrs ago. ive read pros and cons on gel v clear and hav. Read that the biggest thing is prep and a gd. clearcoat if ya go that way . ill do a little more research and get some more testimonials. ive got plenty of time. till ice out

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:22 pm

basshunter62

Tnks neil,dan and, esp. joe. cause ive already picked up 2 quarts of croma clear and activator. so i hav 2 rethink.clear verse gel. i hav already burned threw the gelcoat a few yrs ago. ive read pros and cons on gel v clear and hav. Read that the biggest thing is prep and a gd. clearcoat if ya go that way . ill do a little more research and get some more testimonials. ive got plenty of time. till ice out

I didn't even notice the paint potion of the question, I have 9 yrs boat building experience, my main job was prototype and paint, gel coat, awl grip, imron, etc message me if you want to pick my brain too much stuff to list here

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Yea. Tnks neil any info from u and joe def. Would help. Also i will get intouch w/jeff not shure if it would b cheeper just to buy some cheep seats pretty shure u can get um like 60-80$ a piece. Sent u a pm. But not shure it went threw. Im using a phone. And its just not the same

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links