I've yet to catch one. I even fished yesterday and today at a local trout derby.

I tried power eggs and dough bait on a slip sinker rig, and even worms on a slip bobber rig.

I haven't even had a nibble.

Posted Sun May 05, 2013 5:45 pm

I'm with you lol zero luck for trout

Posted Sun May 05, 2013 5:57 pm

Believe me I fished for about 2 years for trout with no luck whatsoever. The secret for me has been spoons. I've caught brookies on an Acme Little Cleo and a Lil Jake spoon before. I think the problem a lot of people have with dough baits and worms is that they need to soak for a LONG time before you get any action. If you come to the lake looking for trout with dough and don't bring a chair your chances have already gone down. Fortunately there's still enough cool days left in the year to have a decent shot at catching trout from shore but not for much longer so I'd recommend taking a few spoons down to a stocked pond with not a ton of fishing pressure (For example Houghton's in Milton is probably close to fished out of stockies) But Tack Factory in Scituate might still have some left or maybe Norris Reservation in Norwell might have some kicking around. Any later in the summer and you may be looking at downriggers as the trout go deep in the warmer months and the thermocline can get really low in some bodies of water. Best of luck, you'll land one soon!

Posted Sun May 05, 2013 8:50 pm

I've seen some nice 14-16" rainbows...maybe browns cruising right up along the shore around Jamaica pond. They exist, lol.

Posted Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 am

I have proof they exist..
Trout are actually harder to catch than some people think. It may be in your presentation of the bait/lure.. Sometimes a change in the color of your line will scare them off.. I always use a fluorocarbon leader on trout no matter what I am using for lure/bait...
I have seen people with swivels as big as their lure tied on the end of their line. Don't think that worked well..
Try the fluorocarbon leader about 4 to 6 lb test ...

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 9:50 pm

my father has been absolutely slamming big rainbow on webster lake this year. last week i think i caught 14 in one day throwing a colorado spoon in copper

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 5:41 am

Hello I know this is sort of late but recently I've been fishing Jamaica pond (I am fishing there now) and have been using this corn flavored power bait and I have 2 already I have also used a clear water bobber 6-8 feet of leader and a fly and have caught one on that I have also caught one on a 1/2 ounce rooster tail all rainbow they Jump like crazy over here!!

Posted Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:22 am

Thank you for tip.

This spring I finanlly found the trout. Fishing garlic power eggs using a slip sinker rig worked well. Salad shrimp under a bobber also worked well.

Speaking of trout, I need to slip down to White or Walden pond today.

Posted Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:13 am

Caught 24 trout (all C&R) trolling Sunday AM in a local pond. Was just Fall stocked week or so ago and anything gold or copper was hit.

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:28 pm

6lb test maximum for line and leader... Even the stickies are super finicky!

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:46 pm

Fished Little Pond in Plymouth this a.m. Got 2 bows around 15" and lost 2 others. A couple of other strikes. Saw a school of around a dozen or so. Guess the place has been stocked Exclamation

Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:10 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links