ejoy

enogueira

try the skeet reese combo man. i bought it last year and have caught many fish on it, it is soo versatile. from last year till this post spawn i was using it as my creature/worm rod and i caught many good fish on it including a 5.6lber. now it is my drop shot rod.

I like the majority of other rods I have played with, but I absolutely REQUIRE a 2 piece rod; I backpack and hike out to remote spots frequently, and while I do have a seat pass through in my car, the two pieces just make it 100x easier to strap to the backpack and go.

I REALLY want a 13 Fishing Omen Black, but they're only a 1 piece Sad

pocketfisherman

I bought 2 Veritas rods two years ago. One broke after the warranty and the other I still have. I switched to St. Croix rods and have had much better luck. I like the feel better as well and there is a good warranty. I slammed my door on one and broke the tip off. Other than the $20 it cost me to return through the mail, St. Croix returned it for free and I had it back in 2 weeks or so! Good luck either way man!

I actually just checked....and St. Croix DOES make 2 piece rods!

Anyone want a brand new Veritas 2.0 with tags come mid-September? Sell it to you real cheap... Twisted Evil You can finance my new St. Croix!

13 fishing has a two piece in the pipes, two pieces are huge in canada and they do well with their ice fishing stuff already so there is already name recognition.

Posted Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:44 pm

caught one fish over 5 this year! 1 or 2 over 4lbs!

been shitty for me this year

Posted Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:19 pm

This recent cold weather has not been helping much!!

Posted Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:21 pm

baby brush hogs are bass candy. I have caught tons of 3 lb bass this summer. many more than the past few years. but the big guys have eluded me, even on jigs. only one 4.75 earlier in the year.

Posted Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:33 pm

scubaman

ejoy, great looking fish and pics that you posted. what lakes/ponds have you been fishing? I will be going out early next week and will give the brush hogs a try. I have been fishing the A1 site in Westboro and Lake Nippenicket, getting better results at the A1 site. thanks, Dave.

Dave, Nippenicket has always been a hard fish for me; the last two times I went, about 2/3 weeks back, I got skunked once, and only managed a smallish 3lber the second time.

However, I have seen MANY people pulling out big bass from that lake, so they have to be in there. Guess my timing was off!

Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:32 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links