A lot of schoolies with some keepers mixed in! Most of my catches have been in 3 feet or less of water on the outgoing!

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:07 am

Nice!!!! in duxbury bay no blitzes no bass no bait!

Usually it's loaded with blitzes by now!

Bass still in Maine!

We're they blitzing? Or did you just catch a lot of fish?

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:30 am

I'm supposed to be fishing Powderpoint with some folks from NEKF on Saturday. Not happy to hear the bay is dead.

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:24 pm

I checked yesterday's report 75 stripers 2 keepers!

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:53 am

Sorry for the late response, guys. Didn't see the replies til now. I may have spoken too soon... I was about waist deep on a beach, caught a bunch, all different sizes... In fact, they were chasing bait all around me. For about an hour, it was thick with stripers. Mostly schoolies, but definitely some 35-38" fish mixed in.

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:26 am

For the past week, it's been nothing but mid twenties size fish around lit up structure at night... Someone pm me. Let's get some fish.

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:29 am

In the past few days, I've got a bunch of schoolies under my belt, lost a really magnificent fish due to stock sp minnow hooks, and managed to land a respectable, fat 38". But since two days ago, all I can find are some little schoolers bunched up around docks.... The current and waves have been ripping lately on the beaches I've been going to, but I haven't been able to even get a missed strike on these beaches anymore. The waves are there, the wind is perfect, but I can't find a hint of bait anywhere! No birds working, no pogies, just a bunch of jellyfish and an occasional school of bay anchovies. Anyone else still trying? What is the deal? Where are the blitzes, the blues, etc? This year is weird!

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:22 am

I've only seen one bluefish pulled from the water this year and it wasn't me. I have been lighting up the schoolies in Duxbury the past couple of weeks and I hear that there are still fish in Quincy Bay.

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:32 am

Yeah. Schoolies have been stacked at an inlet near Lynn. No big ones mixed in... Largest getting to be low twenties (inches).... Really looking for end of the season cows though. Know if there are any reports on migrators? Last week, someone said they were still in Maine!

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:12 am

Been killing them on flies

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:08 pm

Big ones?

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:27 pm

Haven't tried for a few days, but a few friends have been killing it in the inlets around Winthrop, Lynn, and Revere. Lots of schooled, but with cookie cutter size keepers mixed in! Headed out tomorrow night!

Posted Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Still in Maine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:36 am

50lbser pulled from the beach on the north shore!

I caught 20 last Friday

Posted Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:44 am

do you know if the fifty was at night or not? \
i had on one massive bluefish early in the year around the 3 mile line off mouth of the merimack and that was pretty much the only one i saw all year. it's real wierd cuz usually there are huge bluefish blitzes around plum island in sept. but there were no blues there this year.

Posted Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:22 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links