Another topic to get people using the board. What is your favorite type of line Style ( Mono, Braid, Flouro ) and maker. I personally have started to use alot of braid. Power Pro has been the best I have tried. I got some 30lb test on two of my reels, the great thing about it is that its got the same diameter as 8lb. Its great for tossing rubber and jigs right into pads or heavy cover and you know if you hook up you can pull the fish right out. I use Trilyne smooth casting on my ultralight for trout. This was my favorite before I tried the Power Pro.

Posted Fri May 30, 2008 11:13 am

mikeyc

Another topic to get people using the board. What is your favorite type of line Style ( Mono, Braid, Flouro ) and maker. I personally have started to use alot of braid. Power Pro has been the best I have tried. I got some 30lb test on two of my reels, the great thing about it is that its got the same diameter as 8lb. Its great for tossing rubber and jigs right into pads or heavy cover and you know if you hook up you can pull the fish right out. I use Trilyne smooth casting on my ultralight for trout. This was my favorite before I tried the Power Pro.

Yes, Power Pro seems to be available too. I have not tried it yet, but the next time I go to Bass Pro , I'll be looking for it.

Posted Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:01 pm

Saltwater I use braid(spiderwire or power pro), 30lb and 40lb on my 10ft rods, and 20lb on my 7ft rod and on my saltwater baitcast have 20lb Crystal fireline. For freshwater I have all Crystal fireline, 20lb on my 3 baitcasters, and 14lb on my 3 spinning rods. I use 10lb or 12lb to make leaders for slug-go's and such.

Posted Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:06 pm

Bought my first box of Power pro. 50 Lb test. 12 eq.dia. I was very impressed. I was casting 6" storm chad on a 12 ft' ugly stick down the canal yesterday with it. My guess would be 75 yards on the cast.
Never, have I casted this long in distance. I put a popper with a bucktail on it and I was hurling that thing out there like a freaking missile. It looked like 90 yards !!

I got no hits, but I had blast whippin' that 12' ugly stick with bad intentions!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:00 am

i throw between 6-10 lb smoke fireline. definately my favorite. i had read in a magazine were they did a break test on 20 different lines. i dont remember how everyone ranked but if i recall correctly, 10 lb firelines actual breaking point was either 30 or 40 lbs

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:57 am

well it depends on ultra lite gear i use cajon red 4lb. test mono
on my bait cast i use 25lb. braid by stren
on salt water i use quater spool 30lb mono stren and the rest of the i tye on with a double surgen knot 30lb braid stren thats all i have ever used. Smile

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:27 pm

for freshwater I use Stren's sonic braid in 30 lb test. for saltwater I use stren sonic braid in either 50lb or 65lb test.
i've tried all the other braided lines from every company, spiderline, power pro, suffix braid, fireline braid, and they all lose their color very quickly, stren sonic braid I find performs awesome, and keeps it's lo vis green color better than the other braids out there.

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:40 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links