volume4130

I figured as much about the anchor (when they showed it to me, i kinda laughed), but I liked the extra rod holders in the back and stuff, because I usually bring a few rods with me. would you recommend getting the cheaper package and maybe drilling out my own rod holders or something? I don't know how that would work, but I don't see why it wouldn't...

If you need rod holders and would use them, and you're not trying to be as cheap as possible, I'd recommend going ahead and getting the angler--I actually like the natural sand color that's available (not available in the regular version), seems less likely to spook nearby fish. I'm a minimalist with fishing gear, so I carry only one rod. I'm also a tightwad with money, so an extra $100 (20% of the total cost!) for those holders was really hard to justify (especially the one in the front which is totally out of reach--the cockpit opening on that boat is unusually large for its size).

But it's a decent entry-level recreational kayak for the money, I don't think anyone would really be going wrong with it.

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:38 pm

i have 2 kayaks. preception swifty 9.5 for ponds n lakes and ocean kayak prowler. i havent had chance to use the prowler yet but need to get wheelez mini kart to lug it around. its not so heavy but cause its so long got to play the balancing act. swifty is nice cause its not so long. im 5'8" n sit comfortable in it. can check this site out has lots of kayak fishing stuff for it hence the name hehe.http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com/store/merchant.mvc

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:37 pm

you want to see something cool do a search on the ocean kayak torque it has a trolling motor built into it.2000 bucks as much as a hobie.check it out looks like a blast.

Posted Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:30 am

saw it on you tube and i want oneeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 hehe .dam motor is so light. i wonder if i can buy the motor only and cut a whole nnn na i want oneeeeeeee!!

Posted Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:01 pm

going out sunday to play with hobie kayaks i am on onther fishing site called newenglandkayakfishing got talking to some great guy's about hobie kayaks the hobie revolution and the new pro angler by hobie come to find out this guy has both kayaks and invited me to go to eastman lake in n.h. with him and his fishing partner to spend the day fishing from each one of the hobie's so i can have time in both yak's to be able to make a good decision.i never met these guy's i did'nt want to impose but also could'nt say no.so sunday i'll be smiling .what a great group of guy's.

Posted Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:25 pm

bobsdream

going out sunday to play with hobie kayaks i am on onther fishing site called newenglandkayakfishing got talking to some great guy's about hobie kayaks the hobie revolution and the new pro angler by hobie come to find out this guy has both kayaks and invited me to go to eastman lake in n.h. with him and his fishing partner to spend the day fishing from each one of the hobie's so i can have time in both yak's to be able to make a good decision.i never met these guy's i did'nt want to impose but also could'nt say no.so sunday i'll be smiling .what a great group of guy's.

that awesome Bob, have a great time!!

Posted Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:27 pm

bobsdream

"It rubs the lotion on it's skin!"

Have a great time. That's a great opportunity to try them out.

Posted Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:55 pm

had a blast with the hobie kayaks.i spent 7 hours out fishing with the hobie fishing team on eastman pond in grantham n.h. trying out the hobie revolution and the new pro angler.my catch was like 3 largemouth bass 5 small mouth and a good size pickerel i was having so much fun i didn't keep an accurate count or weight.both are great yak's and would recomend either one of them yes there a lot of doe.but what the heck.that pro angler was it for me.that's one sweet ride.i did not know either of these gentlemen before i'm a member of newenglandkayakfishing site and had posted a question.got an invitation to try and loved every minute of it.in the spring i'll be buying the new hobie pro angler.hands free fishing.

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:44 pm

bobsdream

had a blast with the hobie kayaks.i spent 7 hours out fishing with the hobie fishing team on eastman pond in grantham n.h. trying out the hobie revolution and the new pro angler.my catch was like 3 largemouth bass 5 small mouth and a good size pickerel i was having so much fun i didn't keep an accurate count or weight.both are great yak's and would recomend either one of them yes there a lot of doe.but what the heck.that pro angler was it for me.that's one sweet ride.i did not know either of these gentlemen before i'm a member of newenglandkayakfishing site and had posted a question.got an invitation to try and loved every minute of it.in the spring i'll be buying the new hobie pro angler.hands free fishing.

awesome Bob, I'm glad to hear you had a blast!!!

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:08 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links