i'm not sure about brookline res. not allowing yaks? i've never seen a boat of any kind but double check on that. it would be a good place for one.

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Brookline Res.No Kayaks or anything elese.
Jamacia Pond rental rowboats and kayaks allowed only.
Boathouse is still closed as of 4/14/14...

Charles should be heating up. Did you try jerkbaits?

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:47 pm

you can pretty much cast to any spot on the brookline reservoir. really nice area with some nice sights too.

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:52 pm

give crystal lake a try in Newton there fish to be had there
no ramp but shore launch able.

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:10 pm

flymaster1

give crystal lake a try in Newton there fish to be had there
no ramp but shore launch able.

i went there a few times in the summer to enjoy the lake with the family but never to fish. have u had luck there?

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:34 pm

thanks guys for all the inputs

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:35 pm

Crystal lake has some decent bass.

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:10 am

samf

Thanks Sam, I'll definitely check it out this summer

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:12 am

samf

clones, clones,clones but fish Very Happy

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:23 pm

I used to fish Spy pond a LOT as a kid(8-12yrs old, 49 now), as I lived in Somerville and used to take the Mass. Ave bus from Porter Sq.
There were a LOT of good fish in there.
I haven't fished there in many years, but I do remember that it had a LOT of small Larry's swimming around, and there were a LOT of Eels near/under the docks behind the Boys club.
If I were to ever go back there, you can bet I'd be throwing Manns Grape and Black 9-12" jelly worms.

I even remember rigging the entire outer edge of a slice of bologna, and rigging it like a lon crawler/rubber worm...
Smash!
Unless something terrible happened, or it was overfished(yanking mommas), I can't see how it isn't still loaded with bass, and good sized ones.
Lotsa good times at Spy Pond back in the day.

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 6:27 pm

Unless something terrible happened, or it was overfished(yanking mommas), I can't see how it isn't still loaded with bass, and good sized ones.

I've always heard that there's "very little" fishing pressure on Spy, but I'm not sure how much I believe it. I think the word is out. I hit it a lot two or three summers ago (live in the same general area of Somerville as you used to) and I would rarely see another angler. I've been there twice this season and seen close to two-dozen guys out there each time (on the last trip there were 4 bass boats, 5 yakkers, plus a small army of shore-fishermen when I got there at 6:15 AM).

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 9:47 pm

walleyefanatic

I've always heard that there's "very little" fishing pressure on Spy, but I'm not sure how much I believe it. I think the word is out. I hit it a lot two or three summers ago (live in the same general area of Somerville as you used to) and I would rarely see another angler. I've been there twice this season and seen close to two-dozen guys out there each time (on the last trip there were 4 bass boats, 5 yakkers, plus a small army of shore-fishermen when I got there at 6:15 AM).

two dozen? 4 bass boat? you should say something man, there cant be motors greater than 10HP in the spy. but ive never came across a crowed day there, always just me or 2 other guys max.

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 11:53 pm

not tracker style, little pontoon boats with trolling motors, lol

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 11:58 pm

walleyefanatic

not tracker style, little pontoon boats with trolling motors, lol

ohhhh, so wallayee, im going to ponkaboag (whatever.. mispelled) on saturday... wanna join?

Posted Wed May 07, 2014 12:01 am

I chalk it up to everyone being excited for this awful winter to be over . . . unfortunately, I've got a wedding to go to Saturday Confused Supposed to be nice out too.

Posted Wed May 07, 2014 12:05 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links