My 2 best fish so far this year, a 50lb 7oz mirror, and 47lb 10oz common (common was over 46" long!).

Posted Tue May 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Dude, those fist are amazing. Where did you catch them and what were you using? Are those state records?

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 5:12 am

They look like dinosaurs or something! Huge!

According to Mass Wildlife, state record is only 44lbs 2 oz...haha, only...still a beast. Maybe they're not from Mass waters?? if not, time to fill out the application for a record!

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 8:36 am

wow huuuuge !

catch and release? and where do you get carps that size >?

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 11:08 am

Seeing those bad boys makes me want to start Carp fishing again. I used to go when I was a teenager, but never caught monster like that.

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 11:41 am

May Day, those thing are ridiculous!!! Nice Work! Local Waters?

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Thanks guys. The mirror was from VA, which beats their state record, and the common is from right here in MA, which breaks ours by quite a bit. This is actually the second time I've topped the MA record (I had a 45-6 in 2006), and my avatar pic is a MA 44lber as well. In order to break the record, officially, I would have had to kill this fish. Not interested in killing a fish that is near 4' long and still growing! Wink Had plenty of witnesses to both fish, good enough for me. Did the pins thing years back, just not into killing fish. The genetics on this fish is amazing, and exceedinly rare, Of all the 20+ thousand carp I've landed in my life, this is the longest carp I've ever seen! It deserves to live, and I want to land it again! Wink Rog Pyzocha called me today to congratulate, so that's all I need... Smile

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 7:47 pm

thats the right attitude man !

any chance of telling us where to find monsters like this and what u use for bait >?

Posted Thu May 05, 2011 10:51 am

Scott, WOW!

Posted Thu May 05, 2011 5:00 pm

So true Carpy! thats a great way to fish...let em all go! I never understood why people like to take home freshwater trophy fish? The way i see it whoever takes a pig like that is robbing the eco system of that huge fish, to produce more huge fish! plus fish look tacky on walls. unless it sings? lol

Posted Thu May 05, 2011 8:12 pm

Dayum - those fish don't even look real, they're just too big. I just started carp fishing today and got the skunk. Better things will come, but I'm not expecting 50 lbers.

Posted Sun May 08, 2011 8:13 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links