I'll be out on the Norton Res. Saturday if anyone would like to come out. Not exactly sure what area yet but there are 3 or 4 spots that are locked up with good ice and the cold coming this week will seal the deal. There will be a group of us getting together.

Posted Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Icefishing Saturday? Lucky. Alot of ponds on the south shore are starting to lock up!
Checking a pond tomorrow to see if its safe ice or open!

Busting out the yak this weekend. I will be in my yak at little pond in Plymouth this weekend!

Gona use my aqua vu underwater camera

Posted Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Yep. The Norton is locked up and by Saturday we'll be good to go!

Posted Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:34 pm

That's good news...I'm going to check a few spots this week and hopefully get out Saturday/Sunday

Posted Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:21 pm

I'm trying to get out for a few hours Saturday considering my Sunday just got scheduled (darn kids, lol)

Posted Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:15 am

not without me J!!!!!!

Posted Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:25 am

I'd love to hear how it goes Saturday. Me an Meatballs want to go Sunday morning but are fully against swimming!

Posted Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:29 pm

I'll be out tomorrow. Norton Res. I'll either be fishing the cove at Tsang's on 140 or the cove on Reservoir St. at the intersection by Elm.

Look for the green Saturn Wagon with the Ice Shanty bumper sticker!

Hope to see you out there.

Posted Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:14 pm

Checked out a few south shore ponds today, Whitman-Hanson area. Was disappointed in the ice thickness. Most ponds had maybe 2" of black ice and some had snow ice. Found a pond close to home with 3" of snow ice. Gave it a shot and got 3 small bass on a Kastmaster. Mission accomplished Exclamation Be careful out there, a warmup next week. Evil or Very Mad

Posted Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Fished on 5 inches of ice in Medford yesterday. Got a bunch of flags, but only landed 2 bass and a pick...guess I'm a little rusty from the lack of ice last year! Hopefully the warmer temps don't f-up the ice too bad this week...still should be cold at night though.

Posted Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 am

Great weekend on the ice. Had the kids out skating, caught a bunch of bass, couple perch, and picks, and all on 5" or so. Got out both Saturday and Sunday.

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:34 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links