onota, littleville any ice.I know colebrook res in ma/ct is locked but the fishing has been horriable. Thanks for your reports. Rolling Eyes

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:50 am

Fished Metacomet in Belchertown today, had 5 inches. Western mass usually freezes up a little earlier than Central Ma so you should be ok. You can call the Onota Boat Livery to get up to date info

413-442-1724.

Good luck.

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:50 pm

ive been ice fishing a ton in ct and central mass this year so far thickest ice was 8 inches

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:52 pm

thanks for the Info, Tight lines

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:16 pm

i know indian lake in worcester was 7 inches 2 weeks ago but im the only person i know that fishes it cause once it freezes up its hard to buy bites. i always go back and try though partly because i live on it lol and partly because ive seen big pike in there over the summer and my hopes are up that there may still be some tiger muskies left from the last stocking ( fingers crossed)

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:04 pm

They been fishing Pontoosuc!!! couple Tigers over 14 already and Onota is just waiting for Big Dead Bait. The Boag has 7 going into today

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 pm

muskiebigfish

They been fishing Pontoosuc!!! couple Tigers over 14 already and Onota is just waiting for Big Dead Bait. The Boag has 7 going into today

welll my dreams of fishing whole johnsonville brats for monster pike on quaboag have been shattered when you told me about the derby and potential hundreds of people that may be fishing there saturday morning so i guess im stuck at the one place i know damn well there wont be a derby.... indian lake hahahahahahahaha!!!!

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:45 pm

there could 500-1000 people on the Boag Saturday, I will be there for weigh in's and get my Money and my Boag Hog Hat!!!! Great luck to any anglers fishing!!

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 pm

bassinbrooksy

muskiebigfish

welll my dreams of fishing whole johnsonville brats for monster pike on quaboag have been shattered when you told me about the derby and potential hundreds of people that may be fishing there saturday morning so i guess im stuck at the one place i know damn well there wont be a derby.... indian lake hahahahahahahaha!!!!

and you know damn well that the first fish i catch on a hot dog or a sausage i will look it right in the eyes and call it a dirty c0ck sucker hahahaha!!! damn baby i told you no teeth lol

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 pm

muskiebigfish

there could 500-1000 people on the Boag Saturday, I will be there for weigh in's and get my Money and my Boag Hog Hat!!!! Great luck to any anglers fishing!!

I'll be there, or might fish South Pond, if it is safe.

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 pm

i have been on the Boag 6-8 times so far, its safe, not sure for sleds on Derby day. I haven't heard anything about South Pond. Be safe and give em Hell. Great Luck to ya for the Derby. I will be in Auburn....

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:04 pm

muskiebigfish

i have been on the Boag 6-8 times so far, its safe, not sure for sleds on Derby day. I haven't heard anything about South Pond. Be safe and give em Hell. Great Luck to ya for the Derby. I will be in Auburn....

Thanks. Was going to take my ATV but not sure. Will drive by and check it out first. Good luck to you as we'll.

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:20 pm

q354fc

muskiebigfish

Thanks. Was going to take my ATV but not sure. Will drive by and check it out first. Good luck to you as we'll.

id be careful with the quad , when we went to the boag last weekend the edges were very thin from shore out to about 6 feet out before the ice was actually thick enough to be safe so you step on the ice and gotta move move move to the white ice. not sure about the boat ramp but the shoreline near the houses is pretty thin

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:03 pm

Check on Ice Shanty, plenty of western reports Exclamation

Posted Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:27 am

I fished Thousand Acre Swamp in New Marlborough 2 weekends ago. It was solid despite the warm temps. 6-8" of ice on almost every hole we cut. Max depth is only about 10' though.

Posted Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links