in it to win it baby !!! i got a few secret weapons that ill be unleashing on the competition tomorrow! watch out muskie brothers im out for blood Twisted Evil

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:21 pm

THANK YOU!

I would like to thank all of the MAFFers that made their way out onto Sargent Pond yesterday, there was an excellent turnout for the Little League derby, as well as some fantastic fish throughout the pond. I'm sure BassinBrooksy is going to be making a post, but I would like to congratulate his son Harry for his first fish through the ice, as well as 2nd place in the bass category! The young man put his fish on the board approximately 9 am, only to be nipped with 15-20 mins to go! What a heart breaker, but I'd bet that this is just the beginning for the young man. Turns out, a gentleman fishing on the pond put a 5.9lb bass on the ice, unfortunately he was not in the derby, but what a fish!
On a sad note, one of our ice fishing brothers has fallen, mine in particular. My brother slipped on some ice Friday night, wiped out, and broke his left foot, thus immediately ending his ice season. The break in his bones is minor compared to that of his heart: one night away from a derby with his buds and nephews, two nights away from Essox hunting at The Bog, and a week away from Tiger hunting up at Pontusac with Byron...I am hoping that he will be mobile for the opening of the Wachusett Reservoir, and the early Carp bite, because to me, he is the ultimate guide for the trips, the ultimate partner, and without him the fishing isn't the same. On a lighter note, turns out his Dr. at the emergency room was from Wisconsin, and upon learning that he doesn't fish coming from that part of the country, Muskiebigfish gave him two coats of crap. For that is one of the places that we would like to try to make a dream come true.
Thanks again everyone, CB

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:52 am

Congrats to the Little League and everyone else that fished, I was there in spirit... SHout out to Biggz and his buddy and Brooksy and his son. and as Always MuskiesBrother and Ham. Way to work and help out a great cause! I will be ready for Opening day and weekend at the Res!! If not I might quallify for the Handicap PLate and drive to the Rook hahahahaha And as for the Carp, don't let me see the Corssbow in my spot this year!!

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:16 pm

muskiebigfish

Congrats to the Little League and everyone else that fished, I was there in spirit... SHout out to Biggz and his buddy and Brooksy and his son. and as Always MuskiesBrother and Ham. Way to work and help out a great cause! I will be ready for Opening day and weekend at the Res!! If not I might quallify for the Handicap PLate and drive to the Rook hahahahaha And as for the Carp, don't let me see the Corssbow in my spot this year!!

Glad we made it out. We had a blast a lot of flags probably 10 fish. We're in the running for bass until about 15 minutes left in the derby. Get well soon Muskie need to be mobile for the Chu opening.

Reading Chris' post sounds like brooksys son was the fish we were tied with for second before the last minute bass!

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:40 pm

so i had a long weekend and this is my first chance to post anything since so id like to say thanks to all for the well wishes as you know i took my stepson harry with me for his first time on the ice and his first tip up fish ever was a 2.5 bass that put him in first at 9 am and i believe he held first bass until about 20 minutes before derby end when he was bumped to second by a quarter pound, a heartbreaker indeed but he and i were very happy nonethe less and he still took home an envelope full of cash lol so he was totally syked and hes got the bug now haha.i had a ruff day catching only a 1lb bass and each of us had a flag go up that took about a hundred or so feet of line but we both missed those fish . anyone that was near us must have heard me over reacting to his 2.5 fish as he came to the hole lol, first when i saw him come to the hole mouth open head shaking like crazy it appeared to be a much larger fish in the 4lb range so i started screaming and yelling loud in excitement lol while the fish was pretty long he wasnt terribly fat so it looked bigger than the official weight, most of my excitement was due to the fact that it was his first tip up fish and it was not a dink like mine so i was very happy for him. all in all we had a great day and harry has the ice fishing bug now lol. i will try n post a trip and pics while on my lunch break tonight cause i just now got into work and dont currently have the time. muskie i was heart broken to hear about your foot and although you were there with us in sprirt (lol) we definately missed having your loud mouthed personality out on the ice that day. get well soon brother me n you got some big fish to catch once your up on your feet again. thanks again for the kind words guys

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:54 pm

That was a fun derby. Muskiebrother, nice meeting you. you will probably see more of me on this site. The site i usually post on in the summer seems to be struggling. Anyways, looking forward to the open water season.

Chris

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:15 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links