Good afternoon all, I hope the wind is down and the flags are up!
I know that this weekend is going to be crazy with the Fishing Expo in town, but if there is anyone out there looking to get in some time on the ice for a good cause, Leicester Little League is hosting a fishing derby at Sargents Pond in Leicester MA, (the pond is directly behind The Castle Restaurant). The entry is $20, and kids under 12 fish free. They are currently paying cash prizes for bass, pickerel, and perch, (at this time they are paying 1st and 2nd place in those categories, with hopes of paying more based on turn out).
The hours of the derby are from 7 am - 2 pm, there will be raffles being held and the prizes and raffles will be given out at Hillcrest Country Club after the derby. There is also going to be a chili contest, with a gift card prize up for grabs. I expect it to be a day full of fun and laughs for everyone, maybe even some fish as well!

I am proud to be involved with Leicester Little League, and I appreciate everyone who has taken the time out to read this and maybe contemplate coming out and fishing. It seemed like the least I could do (advertising our derby) seeing how when I'm not at the baseball field, or work, I'm probably fishing!

Thank you all so much,
Chris Beauchesne, aka Muskiesbrother
Flag up!

Posted Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:46 pm

what day is it chris? saturday or sunday? im going to the expo saturday but if by chance its on sunday i may go. when is registration due by?

Posted Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:15 pm

Ooops, I missed some info here...The derby is Saturday, Feb 9th, from 7-2...Registration will be held in the parking lot at The Castle Restaurant, in Leicester Ma, which overlooks the pond. The raffles and prizes will be distributed shortly after the derby concludes at Hillcrest Country Club...

See you there,
CB

Posted Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:05 am

It turns out that Mother Nature did not want the Leicester Little League Ice fishing derby to be held tomorrow. Crying or Very sad Fortunately we have enough ice to reschedule in two weeks, Saturday, February23...Same Bat time (7-2), Same Bat place (Sargents Pond, behind The Castle Restaurant, Leicester Ma). Bass, Pickerel, and Perch...

Thanks in advance,
CB

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi Guys, went out fishing on Sargents yesterday. While at D and G getting bait, i saw the sign for your derby on the 23rd. I'm coming to fish it. Quick ? though, are you allowed 5 lines in this derby? I got all the rest of the info. This is my only ?. Some derbies don't allow 5 lines. Let me know. Thanks.

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:20 am

As far as I know five tilts are allowed...Good Luck!

See you then, CB

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi Chris, Thanks for the info. I got a few guy's together now. They asked me if bait will be available @ the pond, or if we should hit D and G on the way out? Let me know. We are trying to keep the money going to the league. Lookin forward to this derby, Sargents is a great pond!

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:12 am

Acsprez,

As far as I know, I would suggest that bait be purchased in advance. I can check with Dave at D&G bait shop to see what his hours are for Saturday, with the derby starting at 7 it shouldn't be a big deal.
I have never fished Sargent Pond but I am truly excited about getting out and seeing some of the kids and parents, and a few fish would be nice. Hopefully Mother Nature smiles upon us on Saturday (She owes us!), and we have a good day where everyone is a winner! (lol)

Thanks in advance,
CB

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:43 am

I would get your bait night before..Some times Dave don't open till 9 am. which at that piont we hope to have the Derby winner.. Great luck to ya and Flag up

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Thanks to both of you for the info. about the derby. Looking forward to a great day on the ice. Good luck! Hopefully, get to meet both of you Saturday.

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:00 am

got the ok from the misses so im in! got a couple quick questions. where is parking located? ive seen posts on ice shanty about past derbys there that said parking available at castle ? also i assume the table will be located at the wall behing castle? and lastly any idea whats the rule for weigh in? will someone be going around to weigh fish as the day goes or do we bring them up to the table later to be weighed if so ill be bringing my new live well i made. im also curious if we can get on the ice to scope out spots before hand or is it off limits til 7, im sure no holes are allowed before 7 but ive never fished this place before and would love to do some recon before the day begins. my first derby so i just wanna be prepared in advance with everything i need. i looked at the site with the info for this and didnt see an answer to any of my questions lol. see yall saturday morning! brooksy out

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 pm

so who else is going? lets get a big group going and rock this joint! maybe we could make a harlem shake video maff style lol

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:34 pm

bassinbrooksy

so who else is going? lets get a big group going and rock this joint! maybe we could make a harlem shake video maff style lol

Ill be there. As long as my ride gets his ass out of bed.

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Hey all, hope all is well. I have a little more info for The Sargents Derby...
Registration will start approx 7am in the parking lot towards the back right of the lot. Fishing is allowed prior to that time, just make sure you get registered around 7. When registering, all paying entrants will recieve a ticket into the 50/50 raffle which will be held after the derby at Hillcrest CC approx 4pm, you must be present to win. Prizes, raffle, and chili contest will be held approx 4pm.

Fish prizes will be based on weight, according to the "official" hand held digital scale. There will be officials on the pond, as well as the registration area for weigh-ins. ATV's aren't prohibited.

See you there!
CB

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:00 am

tic toc tic toc
No prisoners SARGE

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:36 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links