Hi,

I wasn't really thinking about getting a Fish Finder for my Kayak until I looked at the Bass Pro circular this week.

They are selling the Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 for 70 bucks with a case.

Would this be a good buy for my Kayak? Is there something else I should consider?

Or should I just not worry about getting a Fish finder for my Kayak?

Any input is appreciated.

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:28 am

I got a fishing buddy portable fish finder for my kayak.
$130 at dicks

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:56 am

bassturds

I got a fishing buddy portable fish finder for my kayak.
$130 at dicks

Do you find it useful? Is it worth it for you?

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:58 am

Yes, it is perfect for the yak...especially for $70 bucks. That was my first fishfinder.

BTW, you can find good info on mounting the transducer in the forums at newenglandkayakfishing.com

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:59 am

berkleegrad

Yes, it is perfect for the yak...especially for $70 bucks. That was my first fishfinder.

BTW, you can find good info on mounting the transducer in the forums at newenglandkayakfishing.com

Thanks Berklee, just bought one @ Dick's and had them price match. Bought the 2 year warranty and still paid less than $90 for it.

When my wife finds out I'm sending her your way Razz

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:11 pm

jjbagoose

Hi,

I wasn't really thinking about getting a Fish Finder for my Kayak until I looked at the Bass Pro circular this week.

They are selling the Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 for 70 bucks with a case.

Would this be a good buy for my Kayak? Is there something else I should consider?

Or should I just not worry about getting a Fish finder for my Kayak?

Any input is appreciated.

You want to get in touch with my buddy tournament partner Jeff, check my friends list his name is EMERTON, he has the piranhamax 190c (color) with a shoot thru hull transducer he can walk you through the whole process

Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:33 am

Hi, sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but I would like to ask for your opinions on this finder. I'm familiar with Hummingbirds (I had one of theirs a couple of years ago), but I've never had the chance to see this brand. Is it good, reliable?
I'm thinking on getting it and I was wondering if anyone knows where can I find good finders for a fair price?
Thanks guys

Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:53 am

Is it the portable model? The PirahnaMAX makes it simple as it is all one unit. I have the 150. Put the unit in the yak and stick the ducer on the hull and good to go! That's a good price too!

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:27 am

mounting the transducer is as simple as going to home depoit and grabbing a block of duct seal in the electrical dept. tear off a bit and knead it till it is soft and you have worked out the air pockets. flatten it pit and stick it to the bottom of the ducer and then press it in place in an out of the way spot. wiggle it as you apply downward pressure and you are done.

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:30 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links