Since the Ponkapoag tournament filled up so quickly, a number of people have suggested a second, "overflow" tournament. So here it is.

We'll run things the same way Tom does, that way there's no confusion or anything.

Date: Saturday, May 17th
Map: http://goo.gl/maps/X4R3B
Arrival: 6:30 AM
Launch: 7 AM
Weigh-in: 12 noon
Entry fee: $20
Payout: $120 first place, $60 second place, $20 third place, $20 lunker bass (assuming 12 participants)

Ramp access is off route 104 (exit 15 off route 24; turn right if you're coming off 24 south, left for 24 north), on Fruit Street/Lakeside Drive.

Kayak Tourney Schedule and Rules are found at: http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/2014-kayak-canoe-tournament-schedule-and-rules-t10388.html

12 spots maximum, first come, first served.

To enter, simply post "I'm in" or something to that effect.

1. kenwood
2. paul
3. patriotsandbass
4. purpleturkey
5. chowda66
6. temp32
7. temp24

Last edited by kenwood on Fri May 16, 2014 7:30 pm; edited 6 times in total

Posted Thu May 08, 2014 5:01 pm

im in

Posted Thu May 08, 2014 5:07 pm

I'm in,i checked state website and no other tourneys are scheduled for the 17th on the Nip

Posted Fri May 09, 2014 6:58 am

im in

Posted Fri May 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Right on. =)

Posted Fri May 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Just a suggestion(tell me 2 shut up if u want,lol) but if were not going to have a full field do we wanna lanch at the Fish and Game Access off of Chace Road(Raynham i think)??? makes it a lot shorter paddle to the back of the pond,again just a suggestion i'm okay with either launch site.

Posted Sat May 10, 2014 7:31 am

purpleturkey

Just a suggestion(tell me 2 shut up if u want,lol) but if were not going to have a full field do we wanna lanch at the Fish and Game Access off of Chace Road(Raynham i think)??? makes it a lot shorter paddle to the back of the pond,again just a suggestion i'm okay with either launch site.

I don't know where that is, but it certainly sounds better than paddling. Haha.

Posted Sat May 10, 2014 11:26 am

Public Access off of Chase Road,go past Lakeside Drive on rte.104,turn right onto East/Elm St. and another right onto East/Elm St.(i forget which is which,i'll check Sunday) take 2nd right onto Chace Road,at end it turns too dirt,continue thru the gate until you get to the rocks,room for half dozen cars or more.Parking area is 50 yards from beach but its really 50 yards with no hill,not like Ponkapoag.

Posted Sat May 10, 2014 3:05 pm

purpleturkey

Public Access off of Chase Road,go past Lakeside Drive on rte.104,turn right onto East/Elm St. and another right onto East/Elm St.(i forget which is which,i'll check Sunday) take 2nd right onto Chace Road,at end it turns too dirt,continue thru the gate until you get to the rocks,room for half dozen cars or more.Parking area is 50 yards from beach but its really 50 yards with no hill,not like Ponkapoag.

i go to the nip all the time and the chase road is a hike with a yak...much easier to just launch at the ramp.

Posted Sat May 10, 2014 5:37 pm

chowda66

purpleturkey

i go to the nip all the time and the chase road is a hike with a yak...much easier to just launch at the ramp.

I go to Chase Road half dozen times a year,it's not a hike,Ponkapoag is a hike! Wheels/cart make it easier but the boat ramp is fine by me

Posted Sat May 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Guess we'll decide closer to the day. Hopefully some additional people sign up. =)

Posted Sun May 11, 2014 2:24 am

I'm in... I live in Bridgewater and could potentially get a few more people to join

Posted Sun May 11, 2014 3:07 pm

I also agree the boat ramp would be an easier launch although I don't really care either way.

Posted Sun May 11, 2014 3:09 pm

I totally understand where u are coming from with the shorter paddle to the back of the pond...but I still think the boat ramp is the way to go...so how does it work with the pictures?? I'm new to tourment fishing.

Posted Sun May 11, 2014 4:09 pm

It's pretty simple. You'll need to take two pictures, one showing the entire fish, and another showing the scale and fish, with at least the head of the fish showing.

Everyone snaps a photo of the registration sheet before we head out, that way no one can pull up an old pic and pretend it was caught that day. Not suggesting anyone of us would cheat, but it's a good way to run things.

Basically, see the link to the rules Tomp created in the top post. That's how we'll be doing everything. =)

Posted Sun May 11, 2014 7:58 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links