weehooker

Consider a native ultimate. It's very light by yak standards. ( Just over 50#) . It somewhat pioneered the raised seat option and lets you sit with your feet lower than in most yaks. Of all the yaks I own/have owned (read over a dozen) the Ultimate is the most comfortable I've found.

Great looking Kayaks! Never heard of them or seen them. Trying to find a place that sells them. Do you have any picture of yours or a website / store that sells them? At this site now, http://www.oakorchardcanoe.com/native.php they look $$$
Thanks

Posted Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:50 pm

kratb

flymaster1

I am thinking about buying a fishing kayak but I have some concerns.
I have a very bad back 3 broken disks and my PT thought it might be a good idea to try a yac in moderation. I don't know a lot about them.

I am looking for something to do some fishing out of small ponds or rivers.

Any info on them would be much appreciated like,make,size, sit on,sit in, comfort you know everything.

Also most important I am not looking to break the bank on one.
Thanks

I bought a Malibu Mini X. This is the best thing I have ever bought! Got id on Craigslist with a awesome seat and paddles for $400.00. It was like brand new. I have a Chevy Traverse and with the seats down I can fit it in and close the gate. Don't have a picture of it but I can move it no problem. ( I also have 2 Ruptured disks from ten years ago). I carry a lot of gear but make 3 or 4 trips from my car.

+1 recommendation for Malibu Mini X
At 40 lbs its easy to transport, carry and launch by yourself.
Sit on top, easy access in and out, and its very comfortable
Extremely stable, you can stand and fish out of it.
9'3" easy to transport and drop in your favorite pond, lake, or ocean spots.
great storage, easy to access on the water.
The only negative is that its not very fast since its so wide, but I prefer the stability I get over fast speeds.

Fish and Dive model comes with 4 rod holders, Recreation model comes with 2 rod holders, add a comfy seat and a nice paddle and you got the basics covered. I got my Fish and Dive model on Amazon for ~$400. The price fluctuates with model and color and inventory/demand. Right now the one I got is $520, still a great price considering BPS sells the less feature-full Recreation model for $600.

Good luck! and be sure to check out Dicks Sporting Goods, multiple stores, sometimes they have crazy clearance prices on their kayaks, with different yaks at different locations. Also Ocean State Job Lots has some decent yaks, on the inexpensive side.

Posted Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:28 pm

I just bought one, A Future Beach Angler 144, great kayak!

But with a bad back, kayaks can be very uncomfortable for an adult, Im only 15, and my dad tried my Kayak yesterday, he said it was a bit to small and the seat bothered his back, hes 49 and 250lbs, and ontop of that, Im only 15 and it is not the most comfortable thing in the world, I can stand it for a few hours, but I gotta get a new seat. Im not sure a small kayak would be the best for you, maybe something a bit winder and maybe 14 or 15 foot, gives you more room, best of luck to you, also im sure you can try them at a local shop, ive done that before.

My Kayak - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ1QXxC7120&feature=youtu.be

Best of luck to you!
Chris!

Posted Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:08 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links