I'm in

Posted Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:33 am

There's room for more...extended forecast is looking good for Saturday!!!

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:39 am

I'm in, see you there.

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:15 am

So, not to complicate things, but I thought I'd post this to see what others think. One of our anglers just pre-fished the Nip and said water is low and place is not fishing well according to him and some other local anglers. I'm hesitant to change the venue for a number of reasons. What do others think? Any opinions? Thanks!

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:19 am

I caught a 5-6 pounder a month or so ago, but this whole summer ive had trouble catching numbers at the nip. every time I go, I catch 1-3 fish all day, but they are monsters, nothing of any small size, not complaining, just saying, im worried about the growing numbers there. More importantly, im not sure where you all are planning on launching from, but ive heard that chase road has been blocked off by a massive pile of dirt created by the new house at the end of road, I havent been back there to see it, but I saw pictures of the pile, and made the road inpassable, it may very well be clear by now.

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:08 am

tomp

So, not to complicate things, but I thought I'd post this to see what others think. One of our anglers just pre-fished the Nip and said water is low and place is not fishing well according to him and some other local anglers. I'm hesitant to change the venue for a number of reasons. What do others think? Any opinions? Thanks!

The water always gets low there, and the fishing can be tough any time of the year at the Nip.

The fish are in there, though. At a tournament two weeks ago there were five fish over five pounds brought into the scales, and the water was low.

Fish it! Laughing

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:38 am

Like I commented earlier there was a tourney there just 2 weeks ago 1st place was a 19+ lbs and 2nd place was 18+ lbs! I was there the day before the tourney and could only catch 12 inchers but that doesn't mean I don't wanna fish there.Its not the easiest place too fish and it does get a lot of pressure but there hasn't been any permitted tourneys there since the one 2 weeks ago.As for low water every Pond that doesn't have flood control(a dam) is low right now.Were using the ramp so Chace Road doesn't matter. I think we're gonna see our biggest winning catches of the year next Saturday!!!

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:46 am

Probably better off keeping it here. Great parking right at the ramp and a great size body of water.. won't be on each others backs. A lot of good tournaments there this year. Even if the water is a bit low doesnt mean the fish are gone.

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:17 pm

OK, it's settled. Tourney stays at the Nip!

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:54 pm

Sounds good see u Saturday!

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Make sure you all have your fishing licenses on you. EPOs are always stopping by there, and they do check. Make sure your car stickers and registration are good, too, because they check that as well. They got me earlier this year. Haha.

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:25 pm

I am in! I live right behind the Nip, and usually fish there every weekend. Yes the water level is low and the bite can be hit or miss, but there are still monsters in there. Went with a friend yesterday and we caught 6 Bass total in probably 3 hours. Biggest being 4 Pounds and smallest a 2 pounder. The nip will be a challenge to fish but should be fun.......if you know the spots Smile

Posted Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:52 am

Still room for more!!!

Posted Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:41 pm

If you fish from a canoe with 2 is it cumulative of both? or each person is a different entry

Posted Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:48 pm

Each person in the canoe would be on their own

Posted Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links