I got like $250-$300 in Dick's gift cards. Apparently all my relatives know I like sports. Are the fishing kayaks for sale there between $350-$500 worth it?

Also, those Crawdad boats, are they trailer only? Are they light enough I could lift it onto the top of an SUV myself?

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:58 am

I fished almost every weekend from June - December in this kayak last year... I paid a whopping $325 at Dick's last year. I liked it. Got me wherever I wanted to go. Drug it over a few stumps and rocks and the hull held up well. I'm glad I got it as a first kayak.

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:12 pm

what model is that? homemade rod holders i presume. How is the storage....hard to reach back in the compartments to get at your tackle/bait?

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:52 pm

I kept all my tackle in a bag that was stuffed in the bow. You can put a Plano lure box beside the seat for quick access to the lures you use most. I put my battery for my fish finder in the front hatch and stuffed all my gear I used to carry my stuff to the water in the back hatch. The rod holder is made out of PVC and fits into the original rod holders (2). It's a Future Beach Trophy 106. It served is purpose last year. On sale at Dick's for $369.99 right now.... I just got an Ascend FS10 at Bass Pro for $549 that I am getting ready for this season.

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:45 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links