A sticky lunker page. People on this site posting lunker bass. We got to come up with a a weight for both species say 5lb lm and 4lb smallmouth. It would mean a lil work for Meat though. We cant just have guys posting whatever. He's a Mod an can pit the lunkers into the page. I dont know just thought it would be cool. What do you guys think?

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:31 pm

I'm all for anything that adds a little more life to the site =) I'll jeaslously eye any posts in here!

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:27 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd be willing to help with any project that comes up. This site is great!!!!!

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:35 pm

That sounds good.One way would be taking pictures of the fish with the scale still attached,and try to get them both in the picture.easier said than done.That's why it's good to have a fishing buddy.I can't wait til i get my first one,can't wait for 70 degree days.

Posted Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:17 am

I like the idea Mikey. Lets work on the details.

1. Photo wise I like Petra's idea of getting the scale and the whole fish in the picture. Or if you dont have a fishing buddy with you at the time, or for some of you kayakers I would think a close up on the scale with part of the fish, then a separate picture of the whole fish would work for me.

2. Would you guys want this page a part of the message board or should we ask Dave and see if he would make a new page just for submitting your lunker pics/info.

3. Would guys want to sumbit your pic/info through me, and then I would post them or no. If yes, that would be fine with me, since I would be moderating them anyway.

4. Largemouth minimum 5lbs
Smallmouth minimum 4lbs
Saltwater?? Other Freshwater?? Any thoughts

5. Info - Along with the photo I think we would like to see some details like, Species, Length, Weight, Where, When, And Bait/Lure used.

Any other thoughts guys?

Posted Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:26 pm

Yeah i think we should send them to you(Meat)and then you can make the call on wether it's legit,I also knd of like the Idea of a Lunker page,but open to the originial way too.I agree with #5 details would be good..I think also the weights for Large 5,Small 4 are fair.

Posted Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:07 pm

A Lunker Page would be great.
I think:
1. two pics would be good. I took a test photo and to be able to read the scale only about half the fish would show.
2. New page would make it more unique.
3. We should go through you, to "moderate". Could there be a form to fill out?
4. LM 5 lbs. - SM 4 lbs.
5. The more info the better.

Posted Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:33 pm

I'm happy with all that was proposed above. Other species could be included just got to come up with weights. Maybe for something like a Perch we could go a little under what the pin requirment is same with trout.
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/fishing/awards/sportfish_weights.htm
As far as salt that could be seperate an have a keeper page for stripers. Anything to get more people involved with the forum part of this site. This site has alot to offer lets take advantage of it!!! Very Happy

Posted Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:09 pm

i love all of it, you the man johnny. let me know if you want a hand with it. i can and will donate spinnerbait prizes to monthly winners or something like that. let me know.

Posted Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Guys,

Great stuff!! I like the idea of having a dedicated lunker page or sticky...I am going to put some more thought into possibly a new page listing all "lunkers" based on specified weights for each species. So automatically photos uploaded through trips or your profile show up if they meet the specified weight. They could be flagged and moderated like everything else on the site... In the meantime, maybe we can do a "sticky" thread that we post the top lunkers on. Ill let you know what i come up with for a new page shortly. Again, i think this is a great idea that could probably be its own feature on the site. Users with "lunkers" could even earn awards/ranks based on the number of lunkers. I see it tying in with user stats and becomming a cool addition. Excellent idea guys!! Please continue to brainstorm any other details you would like to see in this feature.

Dave O

Posted Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:26 pm

We could also just create sticky threads under both the saltwater and freshwater sections in the forum and just post top fish in there. Users can vote out photos of fish they think dont make the cut?

Posted Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Mikey great idea with this!!

Meat, I say go ahead and make a sticky thread that users can post their "lunkers" in. I will let you guys specify the rules for making the cut. I really want to make this site more and more in your control...you guys have the good ideas, so i would just run with it! I will do my best to give you more tools/pages for this functionality, but i like the idea of you adding and moderating the photos.

For now, Meat can remove any photos that you think are "unworthy" of making it as a lunker from the sticky thread. If he gets overwhelmed, i'll start adding more and more moderators to the site (ive got my list of the next ones to add, im just slow and lazy at adding permissions for everyone).

Let me know what you think

Posted Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Thanks Dave. Ill will get that started. OK guys "Sticky Lunker Page" will be up soon!!

Posted Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:14 pm

Woo Hoo!!!!

Posted Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Posted Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:36 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links