25%  [ 3 ]
3-very interested
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
4-COO-COO for COCO-PUFFz over the idea
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

I'm doing my part here to get some interest going for a MAFF ICE FISHING DAY ---I realize NO-ONE wants that dreaded s*** back upon us ---but ya can't fight the calender right. . .and I'm sure the right group of us would make it worth it to freeze a cheek in the name of fishing . . .and hey some of the central mass ponds and lakes hold NESSY sized fish BEGGIN' to be pulled out and FRIED UP !
----------I know it's a bit early---and I know how hard it is to get everyone out to a spot safely....but I ALSO know most of you are PSYCHO for fishing and could care less about a few inches of snow. . .So besides Ted---Damon---JayWallz...an myself....anyone interested can tag up on this thread to help keep the drive alive. . .
1st annual MAFF "Grillin&Chillin' winter chili cook-off™®?-

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:24 am

I love ice fishing as much as open water fishing.Will be ready to go as soon as we have enuff ice.

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:22 pm

I have a feeling this site might have a couple more ice fishing threads this year. I am trying another attempt to trap and build my own tank for the season. I will post pics if it works.

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:46 pm

I friggen hate the cold being cold and anything to do with being outside in the cold. At least until the end of last winter when I did some snow mobiling. I would definitely be interested in hanging with youse guys for a day of ice fishing. I remember from another thread that a lot of the ice guys had extra gear and whatnot so if someone were willing to hook a brother up I'd be there.

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:48 pm

[quote="shawneramone"]I friggen hate the cold being cold and anything to do with being outside in the cold.
SHAWN - ya us t told me the other day ya worked on the ice at the garden ! hahahaaa a little bit different than ice fishing I suppose,but there are some BIG similarities too...ya gotta mind your net...hockey games are known as "tilts" when ya get a hit--ya gotta drop da gloves ----I can go on and on but most importantly Tim Thomas will be making a guest appearance at The MAFF IceDay !---'course that last part is a TOTAL LIE ---but hey...I'm tryin to DRUM INTEREST HERE

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:07 pm

The major difference from my ice to ice fishing is "controlled" climate!!!! LOL You probably didn't notice at webster cuz I was out there but I was already wearing a winter hat

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:23 am

If it's an outing i can attend i have extra tilts I'd be glad to let a few guys use. Just bring some bait. lol,
If i trap enough bait i'll bring that too.

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:56 am

I have extra tilts.I also bring my 4-wheeler when there is enuff ice.
Can assist people getting on and off the ice.Hopefully we don't get the same amount of snow as last year.It was tough going fishing with all the snow.I live in central mass and will travel to meet up with everyone.I also fish New Hampshire.Would like to have some ice fishing derbies if enuff interest.Usually biggest Bass and Pickerel.
Fees can be discussed.Now that we're into October,bring on the cold and ice Very Happy . FLAG UP !!!!!!!!!

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:26 am

I have extra tip-ups and even jigging poles(I don't usually jig that much myself). Have the Clam 5600 with a heater for those that might not be used to the cold. Heck if it's not too windy I may just drill my ez-up canopy tent with walls that I use at the Pats games into the ice (have drilled it into the pavement before, works good).

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:08 am

Look at the momentum this got in 1 day---can't wait til there's actually ICE right . . . .

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:42 am

Could be an early start to the season Exclamation 34 out right now Exclamation Snow tomorrow night! Rolling Eyes

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:07 am

Just reminiscing,Cousin Shawn,Friend Chad and myself.
Snow squall Champlain
My 32"Pike
Cousins 31" Pike Maine
Chads 28" Pike Maine

and refreshments

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:51 pm

[/b]I'd like to throw out an idea here. . . The Holland Res ! ---this one wouldn't be bad for an "on-season" MAFFER either . . .parking for topperz and BIG BOYZ and this place has a little bonus* a PORT-A-JOHN--and who can't dig that right ?

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Happy Hookers are in just let us know when and where.

Thanks'ED

Posted Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:22 pm

I'm usually not late to an ice fishing party conversation...but I just started a new job and have been a little busy lately...

I think we should get a list of places together and dates, and try to set up maybe 1-2 per month...season is only from late December-Mid March, s***, at least 1 this season! It will be better than any other years for MAFF ice fishing gatherings!!

Last year I made it out almost every weekend and hope to have the same flexibility this year. I also have some extra traps and plan on making some more before the hardwater sets in.

Posted Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links