Having fun is the most important thing about fishing! Hell, I've had fun fishing without even catching a single fish. Sometimes just being out on the water in the kayak with a nice breeze on your face and the sun on your back is enough for me to enjoy just holding a damn fishing rod! Of course catching fish is a bonus!

Posted Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:10 am

Crossed a few species of fish off of the list this year. I finally found a nice spot for lunker Smallmouth up north, and my best of those so far was about 3.5-4 lbs. I also got my first Northern Pike back in September on the Sudbury River, about 6.5 lbs and 35 inches (the one in my profile pic). Even caught a few nice Blues down in NY (but no keeper Stripers yet). I'm also finally getting on the trout wagon, been catching some rainbows and hopefully get a brown before the year is out. I still haven't "personally" caught a Laker, but did manage to get my cousin on one on a tip up that I placed and set up for him. In smaller fish, I also caught a few Black Crappie, which I have never intentionally fished for, but was still neat to see em hitting the Bass gear.

Posted Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:28 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links