Hey everyone, my names Rob and I am from the small town of Sutton, MA. Ill give a little background on my fishing experience. I am currently in college, but during the summer I try to fish 3-4 times a week. I just found this site the other day because I was looking for some new fishing spots and this site popped up. I am sure I will have many questions and comments in the coming months. I just purchased my first baitcasting reel, so I will probably have some questions about that. I also just bought a pelican boat and don't know much about where to take my boat. I used to use my canoe but there where limits on where I wanted to fish. I mostly fished small ponds around the area. My favorite spots in a boat are Lackey Pond, Eddy Pond and Wallum Lake. My favorite spots from the shore are Lake Quinsigamond, Eddy Pond and Lackey Pond. Not many spots, so if you have suggestions let me know.

Thanks for reading this, hope to learn a lot from everyone as well as give some of my own tips.

Posted Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:43 pm

Hey Rob, I live in Northbridge. Question for ya, where do you fish from shore over at Lackey? Is it right at the bridge? I used to night bass fishing at the bridge but it seems when I go by there now a days there are alot of people there and I am wondering if there are any other spots around there to fish from shore. I would love to take my son over there for some fishing, we fish arcade in whitinsville alot along with whitins pond.

Posted Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Yeah There are no public spots to fish other than the bridge. I have used a boat and covered the area almost completely and have not seen any other spots to fish from land. I agree it can get crowded at the bridge. When I go shore fishing I go at night and I often go to the other side and sit on the rocks. It is a small pond but I have had success. That is the only time I use real bait. I use night crawlers without weight and let it drift down with the current. I make sure I use a good sized hook to avoid getting bluegill and crappie, because you will literally get a one every time if the hook is too small (if you want crappie it could be good though). I mainly get horned pout and largemouth.

Sorry that I couldn't help you find any other place to fish Lackey pond. It is a tough spot to fish from land, that is why I am looking for more places to fish, but when no one is there it can be fun. I have noticed there is an opening on the left side of Lackey Damn road (headed to Northbridge past the bridge) where people pull over and fish, but it is not a very open spot, many trees are in the way. I have never tried it, but me and my cousin said we would give it a shot this year. Sorry I couldn't help much.

Posted Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:52 pm

welcome to the board!

Posted Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:48 am

I fished Eddy Pond a bunch last year on the ice, was looking to get out this year during the open water. Is there still ice out there? if so, how long do you think before it opens up?

Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Yeah I just went out to check it out Tuesday. The entire pond is still covered in ice, but it is not too thick. Actually the Worcester Telegram and Gazette just wrote an article about thinning ice and it mentioned that eddy pond is unsafe to walk on. I think it should be thawing out soon, maybe even by the end of the weekend if the rains like the forecast suggests.

Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:33 pm

Welcome to the site man, you will find all the info you need right here that's for sure. tons of great tips and honey holes to be had. keep your eyes open for the tournaments that are coming up on the main page as well.

Posted Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:19 am

welcome abord hope to see ya on the water

Posted Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:27 pm

Welcome to MAFF

It's a great site, lots of information and help when you need it. If your into tournament fishing Johnny and Justin put on some good ones.

Hope to see you on the water.

Ed
aka Happy Hooker

Posted Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:07 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links