Please post up in this thread if you have to cancel so we are not waiting at the ramp for guys to show up.

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:34 pm

Sorry guys...5 Over 5 is out with truck issues.... See you on Big Sandy..

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:27 am

Im going to cancel this tourney. If you guys want to still do it, by all means do it. I will not be there though. See everyone at Big sandy.

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:51 pm

Im still game if we have the 5 of us. I already made plans to take the girlfriend.

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:49 pm

We will NOT be attending ;/ sorry guys. Won't be able to do Big Sandy either, got Drill that weekend on base. Figures Crying or Very sad

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:57 pm

I see this being an issue all summer because a lot of the big boat and car topper tournaments are on the same days.

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:33 pm

okay I guess im out to this is a shame ive been looking forward to this since glen Charlie well more time to swimbait fish

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:49 pm

Join the big boat trail if the BOW isnt huge.plenty of guys have done it in the past.

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:51 pm

Sampsons isn't that big

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:55 am

I have to say this saddens me a little to see a tourney cancelled. We have never cancelled one due to only having 5-6 boats. We've had four people show and still had an awesome time. This kind of tells me it's more about the money. Sorry just how if looks.
Go fish and have a good day, it is about the laughs and good times.

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:26 am

Sampson's. Yuck...

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:25 am

johnnybag-a-bass

I have to say this saddens me a little to see a tourney cancelled. We have never cancelled one due to only having 5-6 boats. We've had four people show and still had an awesome time. This kind of tells me it's more about the money. Sorry just how if looks.

Hard to draw full fields, for 3 trails, off of one group of people. And although people say they aren't working against each other, it happens.

Hopefully as the weather shapes up it changes. This was one of 2-3 ill be able to make. Oh well.

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:34 am

Which is why it shouldn't be cancelled
The last time smoke ran stats there were over 60 teams that have made tourneys in the past. Plenty of people to fish.
I hope you get to fish Sunday good luck!

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:43 am

jctr

johnnybag-a-bass

Hard to draw full fields, for 3 trails, off of one group of people. And although people say they aren't working against each other, it happens.

Hopefully as the weather shapes up it changes. This was one of 2-3 ill be able to make. Oh well.

I think you miss his point. It doesn't matter if you draw a full field or have 5 teams. It's about getting together and having a good time anyway. My 2nd car topper was at Oldham. 5 boats. One of them looked like a bath tub with a trolling motor. 2 guys packed into it. The came back with no bass and huge smiles. They caught a couple of pin worthy crappie to show off at the ramp. We lost to North Shore by 1 ounce and that was the beginning of a bitter rivalry. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was a great day. That's what we're trying to do.

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:45 am

shawneramone

jctr

johnnybag-a-bass

I think you miss his point. It doesn't matter if you draw a full field or have 5 teams. It's about getting together and having a good time anyway. My 2nd car topper was at Oldham. 5 boats. One of them looked like a bath tub with a trolling motor. 2 guys packed into it. The came back with no bass and huge smiles. They caught a couple of pin worthy crappie to show off at the ramp. We lost to North Shore by 1 ounce and that was the beginning of a bitter rivalry. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was a great day. That's what we're trying to do.

I understand. But i don't think the general populous is in it for money. I was still willing to go. Probably spend 90% of the day unhooking my girlfriends line from trees and panfish.

Cant really miss his point. He said it. He believes the topper trail oriented teams are only in it for the money.

Im down to do some fishing with the OG's for some fun and good times instead that day.

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:56 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links