shawneramone

jctr

johnnybag-a-bass

I have to say this saddens me a little to see a tourney cancelled. We have never cancelled one due to only having 5-6 boats. We've had four people show and still had an awesome time. This kind of tells me it's more about the money. Sorry just how if looks.
Go fish and have a good day, it is about the laughs and good times.

Hard to draw full fields, for 3 trails, off of one group of people. And although people say they aren't working against each other, it happens.

Hopefully as the weather shapes up it changes. This was one of 2-3 ill be able to make. Oh well.

I think you miss his point. It doesn't matter if you draw a full field or have 5 teams. It's about getting together and having a good time anyway. My 2nd car topper was at Oldham. 5 boats. One of them looked like a bath tub with a trolling motor. 2 guys packed into it. The came back with no bass and huge smiles. They caught a couple of pin worthy crappie to show off at the ramp. We lost to North Shore by 1 ounce and that was the beginning of a bitter rivalry. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was a great day. That's what we're trying to do.

I understand. But i don't think the general populous is in it for money. I was still willing to go. Probably spend 90% of the day unhooking my girlfriends line from trees and panfish.

Cant really miss his point. He said it. He believes the topper trail oriented teams are only in it for the money.

Im down to do some fishing with the OG's for some fun and good times instead that day.

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:56 am

Why don't those who were still willing to go despite a small turnout just go still? People made plans prior in order to make this in the first place and are probably going to fish anyway that day. Make it a fun day and fish together! Have a small pool instead of the regular fee (like $20 per boat, either single person or split two ways, $10 per guy or even less), just to make it interesting. You still have 2 days til Sunday! North pond has some decent fish in it and you will not be able to legally park at the ramp unless you are a Hopkinton resident once the season is in full swing. I suggest to do it now while you can! All you need is one working scale, a weigh bag, at least 2 boats and you're good to go! Just my 2 cents.

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:05 am

how about that team that had the lazy boy recliner in their topper for a seat and blasted tunes on a boom box all day? classic.

if you're fishing MAFF tournaments just for the money (which isn't that much) you need to get your priorities straight!

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:55 am

That's was a genuine Laz-E-boy

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:47 am

money should never be the incentive, everyone here doesnt look at eachother and think "man i wish i had his winnings" its mannnnnnnn i wish i had that lunker!

whoever signed up should go have a great day fishing cuz it will be a good day and make everyone else jealous with what you guys catch. the first 2 years i fished the t's here a cancellation was never once brought up whether there was 2 boats, bad weather, or even having to fish wallum! i hope to see some results sunday night

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:46 am

Bummer, was looking forward to seeing what you guys pulled out of there pre spawn.

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:54 pm

^ couldn't agree more. Lot of good fish in there

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:01 pm

It's too bad that it's canceled because of a small turnout.Not how it's supposed to be.We fished upper Mystic with only 6 or 5 last year.We still fished and had a good day.
The only reason to cancel is very bad weather or no sign up at all.Other than that we fish.If I post a tourney I will be there no matter what the turn out.Severe thunder,lightning,rain or hurricane that's another story.
I think you guys should fish whether Rich comes or not.Use a bag and a hanging scale and fish for bragging rights,or do a lunker tourney.
The thing is if your doing this you should be committed to it.If your not sick and dying you should be there.The permit has been filed the event should happen.If I only get 5 boats I'm still fishing.If I get 0 boats I'm still fishing.This is scheduled and planned and that's the way it goes.Your either in it or your not.
This may sound a little harsh to some but a lot will agree with me.If you take the reigns you need to ride the horse not jump off.

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:11 pm

chevin37

money should never be the incentive, everyone here doesnt look at eachother and think "man i wish i had his winnings" its mannnnnnnn i wish i had that lunker!

whoever signed up should go have a great day fishing cuz it will be a good day and make everyone else jealous with what you guys catch. the first 2 years i fished the t's here a cancellation was never once brought up whether there was 2 boats, bad weather, or even having to fish wallum! i hope to see some results sunday night

Well said Kevin.It's all about who gets it done and being in awe of who does it.Wakeby Mashpee,wow!!!!!You and Shawn got it done,not to mention some other places,hahaha.See you soon.

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:16 pm

So who is going to fish it now? Get it together boys and post up some results!

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:16 pm

I find this hilarious.

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:07 pm

Me too

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Lake Heather takes the first Cartopper of the year with 17.65 Lbs. Runner up. No one. You guys missed a good bite.

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:35 am

jctr

Lake Heather takes the first Cartopper of the year with 17.65 Lbs. Runner up. No one. You guys missed a good bite.

Lol !! Thats Awesome!!

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:57 am

Congrats Josh. I hope your girl still went and caught lunker

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:52 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links