I ended up there last Monday by accident. Wanted to try and get on Indian Head Pond, but couldn't find a place to launch. (Is there a launch for car toppers? ) Then tried to go to Furnace Pond but the gate was closed which forced me to go to Oldham. Never been there, nice pond.

Water was pea green and after trying all the visual pleasing spots I ended up getting lucky and finding a school of big fish on a chatterbait kind of in the middle of the lake. If the wind never blew me there I would have never found it.

Posted Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:43 pm

There's a rocky shoal out there

Posted Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:19 pm

There's rocky shoal everywhere there.If you don't know where then slow down and watch the graph.

Posted Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:40 pm

I fished there with my uncle out of his boat a few times many years ago, but being on the back of the boat I had no idea it was so shallow in so many places. Years of kayak fishing didn't enlighten me any further.

When I took my boat there a few weeks ago, I broke the sheer pin in my trolling motor about two hours in. I hit bottom SO many times it was ridiculous.

It also made me realize how many shitty spots I'd been fishing from the kayak. Haha.

Posted Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:49 pm

Water levels are pretty low right now. It is getting tricky in ponds that are shallow to begin with! Especially the bog pond swill holes! Laughing

Posted Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:47 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links