When I joined MAFF it was the first online forum that I had ever joined. Back then there was another popular site NEF. The rep was there were a lot of douchy people on that site. The first couple of years I was here, I met a lot of cool guys and fished in a bunch of tourney's that were really laid back and fun. Over the years it appears that maff is now the douche driven fishing forum. There are no more conversations about techniques or equipment. It seems every post just gets flamed. It's pretty sad.

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:54 pm

It looks like the moderator stepped in and deleted the bad apples. Now we can all get back to fishing, posting tourneys, trips and comments without having to deal with him. Lets get this forum back to where it should be!

Posted Sun May 01, 2016 3:07 am

Those Douchey NEF people ruined it all.

Posted Sun May 01, 2016 7:45 am

stratos1966

Turns out they didnt

Posted Sun May 01, 2016 10:48 am

shawneramone

stratos1966

Turns out they didnt

I blame Sam. He is the root of all that is evil

Posted Sun May 01, 2016 5:33 pm

I agree with you shawn, i very rarely go on here now. Just for the simple fact of the ignorance of some people. One guy actually posted on my photo comment of my topper that its bad engineering!

Posted Sun May 01, 2016 6:21 pm

agreed! i dont post on here much anymore!

Posted Mon May 02, 2016 7:50 am

This forum doesn't even compare to NEF at its worst.

It's good that a moderator removed posted or banned the troublemakers, but without an active moderator it'll likely keep happening. Which sucks.

Posted Mon May 02, 2016 9:35 am

I'm glad someone made a thread about this. That guy made this site unbearable for a while which sucks because it was so good a few years back when I really got into fishing, so much info in old threads and good conversations.

He will probably be back and he said it himself that we fell into the trap and ruined our site. If he comes back we should try and take the high road and ignore him, its hard when he's being so insulting but he wants us to get pissed and let him ruin good threads.

Posted Mon May 02, 2016 12:06 pm

If its not a good site don't come back, I think this is a great site with lots of info and great people. Yes it has the occasional bad apple that's been taken care of, time to move on ....

Posted Mon May 02, 2016 1:38 pm

The site does need a design overhaul. It's old and ugly (like yo' moms). Haha.

Posted Mon May 02, 2016 4:18 pm

stump

If its not a good site don't come back, I think this is a great site with lots of info and great people. Yes it has the occasional bad apple that's been taken care of, time to move on ....

Thanks for the encouragement. I didn't say I was leaving. But one guy ruined every thread for the last 4-5 months. That sucks and there's no denying it. A lot of people that made this site great are long gone though.

Posted Mon May 02, 2016 4:38 pm

shawneramone

stump

Thanks for the encouragement. I didn't say I was leaving. But one guy ruined every thread for the last 4-5 months. That sucks and there's no denying it. A lot of people that made this site great are long gone though.

My bad, you bring nothing but professional Angler knowledge to the forum and I appreciate that ! Very Happy thx man!

Posted Mon May 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Shawn was/is one of the best Maff members the site has had. Much entertainment over the years he has brought this site.

Posted Mon May 02, 2016 5:07 pm

Thanks Kman.

WHITE LIGHTNING!!!!

Posted Mon May 02, 2016 5:22 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links