Hey guys, so ive been considering on eventually getting a slayer propel 10. But, in order to get it, i have to sell my current yak. i have a 2014 ride 115 with high seat desert camo color. it has regular amount of wear and tear of one season. i just wanna know how much you guys think i could get out of it...

it is the ACK angler package, which includes
Angler Package included two rear flush mount rod holders, Scotty Baitcaster and anchor kit.

thanks guys

Posted Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:50 pm

See if there any any similar models for sale on E-Bay. May give you an idea!

Posted Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:58 pm

thanks

Posted Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:00 pm

For the same or less amount you can get a hobie mirage, which has fewer issues, far better support and better resale value for a peddle yak.

Posted Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:16 am

tacklesmith

For the same or less amount you can get a hobie mirage, which has fewer issues, far better support and better resale value for a peddle yak.

i see your point, BUT my main thing is WEIGHT. those hobies are heavy suckers. much heavier than the propel 10. almost 20 lbs heavier to be exact. not only that, on the hobie id have to install all new rod holders and tracks or ram balls. Whereas the propel already comes with tracks.

Posted Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:49 am

True enough. Good luck.

Posted Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:13 am

I ended up going with a Propel 10. Same reasons stated about. And I want reverse.

I don't intend to use in salt, at least right away, and don't have any issue performing the maintenance. I was actually swayed because of their service, or participation in another forum regarding some rust issues due to salt water.

Let me know if you ended up buying one. I got my online and bought it based on YouTube reviews and online word of mouth. Happy to share any info I can, and am new to the forum.

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:18 pm

jman

I ended up going with a Propel 10. Same reasons stated about. And I want reverse.

I don't intend to use in salt, at least right away, and don't have any issue performing the maintenance. I was actually swayed because of their service, or participation in another forum regarding some rust issues due to salt water.

Let me know if you ended up buying one. I got my online and bought it based on YouTube reviews and online word of mouth. Happy to share any info I can, and am new to the forum.

I did end up buying it. It's being delivered this week

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:25 pm

That's great. I am on the South Shore. Happy to link up once this ice is gone!!! What color did you go with? I went with sand. Still haven't got it in the water yet!

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:43 pm

I got the lizard lick. Can't wait to get it on the water. And yeah man, let's do it. I'm in Watertown

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:44 pm

I'd love to hear what you think once you have it. That's definitely a boat that's caught my attention.

How much you end up selling the Ride for?

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:19 pm

I sold the yak, paddle, vest, fish finder and all the mounts for $1100.

And sure, we'll let you know.

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:23 pm

My main first impression was how rugged and well built the prop assembly was as a whole. I guess I thought it'd be more cheaply built. Seat is incredible, (granted that is in my garage).

I struggled with buying one with very little kayak fishing experience, and without seeing one or even riding one. I tried all the local dealers per Native's dealer locator, and nobody would return my calls or e-mails. So I gambled after months of research, which thankfully is easy enough to find online.

I grabbed a few accessories and a spanner wrench for $50, which I wish I didn't have to do.

Also pleasantly surprised how well it is to handle. I can easily car top on j cradles with no help. This is important to me because I am going to be alone at least half the time.

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:37 pm

Jj I bought a cheap spanner. Paying 50 for one is just ridiculous. Yes, I'm a cheap bastard haha. I'd rather spend on tackle

Posted Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:55 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links