Actually, it's a 25 year guarantee, which can be lifetime if you're my age or older Very Happy

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 10:48 am

Ah, I don't have an Orvis combo YET, but that's the goal. I actually got a cheaper Okuma 5wt with good ratings because I need to prove to myself that I can do this and want to stick with it before spending a couple hundred on a top notch outfit. Okuma also makes good 9wt combos for saltwater, but of course Orvis combos are the ultimate goal after practicing.

I plan on getting stuff like flies, leaders, etc through the store for now. Ordered some Loon Hydrostop floatant & some tippet spools from Amazon yesterday. I think I'm headed up to the store today and I'm very eager to see if the one in Peabody offers the classes!

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 10:12 am

Orvis is currently offering free fly casting classes. You should check them out if you are just getting started. Just like most fishing techniques, there's lots to learn but the basics aren't so bad.

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 3:05 pm

I'm all signed up for 101 on Saturday morning. Smile I am freakin' pumped!! Fished the Ipswich River afterwards on a fly & bubble rig (olive woolly bugger) and caught all the fish. Can't even imagine what that'll be like on the fly rod!

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 8:37 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links