I like high-speed reels for worms, jigs, and other baits that are fished to a target. Makes it quicker to get the lure back to the boat or shore, and get another cast in.

Posted Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:20 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

thats exactly what i have is 6'6", i use it for spinnerbaits, jigging and heavy cover worm fishing. the mh helps me pull em out of thick cover where as my 7' m i use for more finese.

Didnt get a chance to use it yesterday. Past a kidney stone! Thats why I got it Johnny. Jigs and to pad bust. I figure with the 40lbs power pro and that rod I can throw into any cover.

Posted Sat May 02, 2009 10:56 am

Still having fun with the stone Crying or Very sad but I had to try my new rod out. I've had it for two weeks and hadnt had a chance to use it. I put a Booyah 3/4 oz jig on there with the 40lbs test Power Pro. Pulled the jig threw everything like a hot knife thru butter!!! That pole has alot of senseativity. I could feel it boncing of everything. Would definitly recommend the rod to anyone. I pit Johnny's spinner on there too. It pulled it pretty well but i'm positive that a baitcasters the way to go with spinnerbaits.

Posted Thu May 14, 2009 3:44 pm

Baitcasters are great for your bigger lures for sure.

Posted Thu May 14, 2009 9:49 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links