I was being serious, I've been kayak fishing since only August. I just dress warm when I go out, I know I probably should have like waterproof stuff and such cause its safer.

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:24 am

zack137z

Took my kayak out yesterday for the first time.

Nice video, thanks for Sharing Zack.

That thing looks awesome, I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on it one of these days.

I'm thinking I might go with the 135.

How did you feel the Ride tracked? Did it feel slow at all?

Also, how was the weight? Easy enough to load onto a car by yourself?

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:19 pm

It's decently heavy, the website say 78 lbs with the seat, but I'd guess more. I was carrying it two different ways and the easiest seemed to just beast it up by using the handles near the seat. I unloaded/loaded it into my truck (I know very easy) by myself, and carried it around 600-700 feet from my truck to the pond with putting it down once cause I'm weak. Speed wise, it was a lot faster than I thought but my last one was garbage with a garbage aluminum paddle, so this things just an all around upgrade. The only annoying part is the tarpons have the slide track in the back and front, this one would be nice if it had both instead of just front. I am trying to find a product similar to PrecisionPak's CratePak for the rear compartment, but I've had no luck so far.

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:26 pm

And if by chance you want to explore the "Southern Root's" of how all of this started..then by all means look at the Pirouge (pronounced - Pe-row)..lol yes it is so close to the water you can lean over and pee while you row....hahah

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:34 pm

But it's not an ocean going vessel, more for those Loosiana bayous.

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:28 pm

zack137z

I was being serious, I've been kayak fishing since only August. I just dress warm when I go out, I know I probably should have like waterproof stuff and such cause its safer.

Frogman can give you excellent advice on such things since he is VP of New England Kayak Fishing.

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:35 pm

zack137z

It's decently heavy, the website say 78 lbs with the seat, but I'd guess more. I was carrying it two different ways and the easiest seemed to just beast it up by using the handles near the seat. I unloaded/loaded it into my truck (I know very easy) by myself, and carried it around 600-700 feet from my truck to the pond with putting it down once cause I'm weak. Speed wise, it was a lot faster than I thought but my last one was garbage with a garbage aluminum paddle, so this things just an all around upgrade. The only annoying part is the tarpons have the slide track in the back and front, this one would be nice if it had both instead of just front. I am trying to find a product similar to PrecisionPak's CratePak for the rear compartment, but I've had no luck so far.

A kayak cart will be your best friend. You can pick one up at Dicks for $80. If you go to Dedham maybe Rob K can get you an employee discount Very Happy

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:37 pm

If I get one I'm worried about lifting it onto the top of my Honda Element. I've got my light Pungo down to a science but the Ride is about 30lbs heaver.

Gotta start working out now I guess

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:43 pm

berkleegrad

But it's not an ocean going vessel, more for those Loosiana bayous.

LOL... you are right on my brother! But I bet ya some crazy CoonAss would try it!

Hope to see ya soon on days to come for the spawn..my tired old bones are hurting after 57 yrs and I just ordered a custom fit extra short shank trolling mtr for it from the boat builder to fit to the boat...will post some pics when I get it installed. The bracket is made of Alum and painted to match the boat...the shaft is ~18-20" Very Happy
This will help with the overall paddling and wind..

PJ

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:50 pm

We do not have any if the carts in stock right now but once we get them in ill def let you know what i get it for. And we can work it out.

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:07 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links