Do any of you want to do more with fishing than just going fishing? Did you ever want to start a web site or a magazine,baitshop,boat customizing anything to do with fishing at all?
Well I want to do some or all of those things....I am a fishing junkie!!
I want to know if any of you are the same and just don't know what to do about it,I sure have no clue myself but would like to talk to others and have some sort of "brain trust" for lack of a better word. I am not talking any financial investment.."I am so broke I can't even pay attention"
I just want to get together with some people and see what we can do together.

Last edited by vinny60 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:00 pm

Yo Vinny,
I don't know if you've read my profile. but i love it so much i started making and selling my own spinnerbaits, thats the Bag-A-Bass lure co.
it started out as pure hobby and now i have packaging and logo and i sell about 1000 baits a season for a small profit. i love it.
i think in the next year or two i will actually have a couple of employees that will build for me in the winter. i'm psyched to build it a little more every year.

I also have always wanted to guide the charles river as a small thing on the side as well.
River Rats Fishing Guide
iv'e been fishing the waltham, newton end of the charles since i was 6 or 7.
love it. i know someone said they didn't like it. but there is more structure and different weed types of cover that i could not even begin to count the number of quality bass i have pulled out over the years.

so if you have an idea my man, JUMP.

Posted Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:03 pm

Heh, I know what ya mean. I am obsessed as well. Most of my free time is spent fishing, when I'm not fishing I am working on fishing related things like our website, events, bait line ( DAT food ), Videos like ( Lost Footage Archive ) and more.

I would actually like to guide eventually. Though Mass doesn't really have a guide structure, pretty much you print a card that says your a guide and have at it. I would also like to get DAT food bait to a sellable level. Market the base mix, flavor line, boilies, matching ground baits and flavored/prepared particles like chick peas and maple peas.

As it is I am busy most days with the derby, events and stuff that I do now..if I do go forward it will become a full time job and that isn't a bad thing but it is a big step for me.

Posted Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:43 am

I hear you..I'm always looking for ways to mix my entrepreneurial skillset with my passion for fishing.

The important ingredient we have here is this forum for bouncing ideas off each other and seeing what sticks.

Posted Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:29 am

I just started a new site. Check it out.I have a long way to go but give it time and it will be great!

http://fishingutopia.webs.com/

Thanks people
Vinny

Posted Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:02 pm

Vinny thats awesome, good for you. I am pround to be your first member! You can never have enough knowledge and im always lookin for more. Keep up the good work and if there is anything that I can do to help or contribute, please let me know.

Posted Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:30 pm

looks good Vinny ! Best of luck with it.

Posted Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:42 pm

good for you just joined i kayak fish and spend most of my free time on the water i'm addicted let me know if i can do anything to help.

Posted Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:53 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links