With the zara spook, you need to practice walking the dog. Check out this video its pretty good for a demonstration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XULwIPF43mY&feature=related

I've also had alot of luck right after it hits the water, if i let it sit for a good 10-15 seconds and give it a couple twitches. Then let it sit for 5 more seconds. If I dont get anything after doing that a couple times I walk the dog back to the boat.

Posted Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:37 pm

It really depnds on the conditions and how much time I have. If I'm on my way home from work, its spinnerbaits. I dont feel like I have to think as much. If I'm out for the day, I am really liking the Berkley 7" worms.

Posted Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Z-Man hardlegs frog or strike king zeros. i also carved my own popper and that catches them really good too.

Posted Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:24 pm

spinnerbaits, Zoom Flukes, and slop frogs are my favorites - but I'll use anything that catches em.

My biggest bass last year came on April 25th on a #7 floating Rapala in a shad pattern. Here it is:

Posted Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 pm

I'm still learning all the time. But i like faster moving baits frogs, jerkbaits,spinnerbaits ect. I'm also learning to slow down and fish jigs a little more.
But i must say when i was a kid all i used was a rooster tail and I'm gona purchase a couple this season for myself and the kids.

Posted Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:30 am

Tony93 {My biggest bass last year came on April 25th on a #7 floating Rapala in a shad pattern.}

Hey Tony I have one that looks just like that but in a spinner bait, Was given to me by a stranger when my son and I stared fishing last year, I've caught plenty of Bass and Pickerel with it. My favorite is Top water Poppers and Jetter Bug's , I stared to fill up on for this year Frogs , Buzzbaits, and Spinnerbaits and Jig's. I always fall back on is Plastic Worms and Grubs'

Posted Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:59 am

My favorite lure of all time has to be a floating rapala (#5 or #7) in the perch or black/silver. Second favorite is the Heddon Mini-Torpedo (Absolutely deadly on Smallmouth!!).

I admit I'm a topwater freak and always will be. But, I've started to use the Berkley Gulp! Minnows (Smelt Color) for jerk baits and I've used shaky head jigs w/ various plastics with great success.

Posted Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:02 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links