I HAVE TREMENDOUS SUCSESS WITH A BLACK SPINNERBAIT W/ COLORADO BLADES. I WILL CAST BY AN ISOLATED STUMP OR A POINT IN SOME SURFACE VEGITATION ESPECIALLY LILLYPADS AND MAKE SURE TO BUMP THE PIECE OF STRUCTURE BRING THE BAIT BY.

Posted Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:37 pm

I enjoy lipless and regular crank baits. I love reelin them in and casting them out. you can feel the lure wobble as you reel.Nothing is better that getting a huge bite on a crank. I also enjoy rubber frogs. I use the YUM buzz frogs and have been expirementing with Ragetoads. these frogs make all kinds of top water buzz on the way in.

Posted Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:52 pm

Lazy-would use any live bait, large shiners even worms when I fish 2 reels

Exited-i will crank spinner bait across the lake all day, I have a new scent spray that has been KILLING lunkers

Dazed and Confused- I like to play with frogs around lillies and I pretend that I am on a covert mission for the Dutch Military with jitter bugs trying to capture a daddy lunk lunk

Posted Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:35 am

a covert mission huh? LOL

welcome to the site!

Posted Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:14 pm

I love jitterbugs and they seem to work great everywhere. Even poppers, as long as your around the shore are great. I also have a lot of luck with those goofy weedless rubber frogs, just lobing them into a bunch of lilly pads is awesome, but you gotta have tough line cuz they dive quick, haha.

Posted Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:27 pm

My favorite lure has to be crankbaits and jerkbaits. Not so much for performance reasons as much as the fact that I love collecting them >.< There's something about the little buggers that really appeal to me.

Posted Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:19 pm

I'm new to this whole thing and only started freshwater fishing a couple of weeks ago. Have only fished saltwater to this point. Using 1/8 and 1/16 rooster tails and a rapala and have had good luck at Spot Pond and Ell Pond in Melrose. So far so good.

Posted Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:04 pm

boo yaa boogie bait, and strike king rage tail craw

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:57 pm

My favorite is a classic gary yamamoto. senko's creatures what ever gary rules!!! Spinner baits mostly strike king have really worked good for me this year too. I havn't used live bait in a long time. No fun. It's just no challenge. I also have a new rule with my rubber worms.....Needs flakes,sparkles what ever you want to call it.

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:53 pm

I'm a fan of Frogsm and other top water plugs.
Nothing better than a big strike through the pads by a lunker.

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:42 pm

Recently I have been using the topwater lure the Spook. It has nice action especially if you can get it to walk the dog. The bass usually hit within the first couple twitches.

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:07 am

I've heard nothing but good things about the zara spook, on tv or magazines or wherever. it seems like a tough lure to fish though; any tips? I suppose patience is the key with that one

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:15 pm

volume4130

I've heard nothing but good things about the zara spook, on tv or magazines or wherever. it seems like a tough lure to fish though; any tips? I suppose patience is the key with that one

it just takes a lot of patience and practice to "walk the dog"

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:20 pm

meat7gtk

I tend to use Rapala's and Spinners, though I have a good collection in my tackle bag(worms, jigs,etc.),but my stand-by has always been the "Rooster Tail". I could be getting shut out all day, Ill throw one of those on and Im pulling in something with out fail. Crazy, but I love it.

Haha, its funny looking back at this post I put up almost 2 years ago, and seeing how much Ive evolved as a angler. I used to only threw Rapala minnows, spinnerbaits, and of course the Rooster Tail. Now My bread and butter has been Senkos, and Tubes. Dropshot and Soft Jerkbaits have been okay. Swimbaits have been hit or miss. I have barely thrown jigs, crankbaits or spinnerbaits all year. I dont think Ive got one topwater fish this year. I still do rock the Rooster Tail, still my panic bait I guess. Just funny how the years vary on what works for ya.

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:59 pm

meat7gtk

meat7gtk

I tend to use Rapala's and Spinners, though I have a good collection in my tackle bag(worms, jigs,etc.),but my stand-by has always been the "Rooster Tail". I could be getting shut out all day, Ill throw one of those on and Im pulling in something with out fail. Crazy, but I love it.

Haha, its funny looking back at this post I put up almost 2 years ago, and seeing how much Ive evolved as a angler. I used to only threw Rapala minnows, spinnerbaits, and of course the Rooster Tail. Now My bread and butter has been Senkos, and Tubes. Dropshot and Soft Jerkbaits have been okay. Swimbaits have been hit or miss. I have barely thrown jigs, crankbaits or spinnerbaits all year. I dont think Ive got one topwater fish this year. I still do rock the Rooster Tail, still my panic bait I guess. Just funny how the years vary on what works for ya.

I know what you mean, when i got back into freshwater fishing about 5 or 6 years ago, I was all about the spinnerbait, and finese trick wormin. now I throw swimbaits,senkos, swim senkos, plastic crawfish, old school crazy crawlers, lipless cranks, black 10 inch ole monsters, the list goes on and on and on

Posted Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:14 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links