I went to fish Robbins at 5am this morning, found the boat ramp blocked with no trespassing sign up? parking for residents only? anyone know what happened and why?

Posted Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:33 am

Sounds like a call to town hall or the Bridgewater PD is in order.

Posted Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:56 am

Ya the residents put that sign up park in the new lot across the street you can still fish there

Posted Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:53 pm

kizel13

Ya the residents put that sign up park in the new lot across the street you can still fish there

I still fished on the other side, my secret entrance... it's the no trespassing sign that pissed me off... I dont mind parking across the street, no way to get a trailer-ed boat in at that ramp though.. I'll be calling the town to see if the no trespassing sign is actually legal on town owned property.

Posted Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Its not i can tell you 100% that the residents put it up i can even show you the house of who it is cuz he always bothers me when i fish hes called the cops on me before. Its gotten to the point where inhave threatened to call the cops on him because a lot of people dont realize there is an anti harassment law for hunters and fisherman.

Posted Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Is the gate still locked? Back in the day the owner of the restaraunt would keep a key in a drawer near the front door. All you had to do was ask for the key and he would let you open gate and dump boat in. I have not been down there for a few years. I know the restaurant is closed so who rules the gate now? Nobody I bet? Cut the lock

Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Is the gate still locked? Back in the day the owner of the restaraunt would keep a key in a drawer near the front door. All you had to do was ask for the key and he would let you open gate and dump boat in. I have not been down there for a few years. I know the restaurant is closed so who rules the gate now? Nobody I bet? Cut the lock

Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:31 am

twebber

if your referring to the gate at the bog.. ya that's been locked i have seen bog worker in there with the gate open and locking it when they leave, so i assume they are the gate keepers (I would never cut the lock).. the ramp i'm referring to is on the other side.. I think Pond st.

Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:39 am

Yeah where the old restaurant was. Was told after it closed the gate would be open. It might be worth a phone call to the town or something. And I was kidding about cutting the lock

Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:43 am

OK... called the town hall.. there's been complaints.. some of the land around the pond has been sold, and the owners are taking control.. but the pond is still open to the public and it's on the agenda for the next town meeting in a couple weeks.. the woman i talked to said she's not sure what the solution will be, but they are going to look into the access points prior to the meeting and come up with a solution.. I will post more after the meeting...

Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:18 pm

It is the same person that bought the island last year. Don't understand why he bought the beach/launch area. What use could it possibly be? Just busting peoples balls is the only thing that I can see. There is parking across the street. It just means a little more work to be able to launch Exclamation

Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:31 pm

don51

It is the same person that bought the island last year. Don't understand why he bought the beach/launch area. What use could it possibly be? Just busting peoples balls is the only thing that I can see. There is parking across the street. It just means a little more work to be able to launch Exclamation

that was my 1st thought too, but... there's a no trespassing sign which means you cant load there... or shore fish there, that's my issue. not sure what they will do or how much of the land he bought, there are a few more spots you can load a cartop boat along the road just not sure where the line is from his land to the town owned part.

Last edited by mrsdano on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:14 pm

This is a most interesting story. Can't wait to hear more.

Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:42 pm

don51

sure sounds like it. i doubt it will really stop people from going if you can still park across the street.

Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:22 pm

you can go online and find who owns which pieces of land. All you need is the address. Or do it manually by going to the town hall and looking at the assesors map. I do this all the time when exploring new hunting areas. I have found on several occasions, people seem to think they own land that doesnt belong to them !!!

Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:35 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links