Braved the weather and hit the pond this morning. A pickerel fest! Got at least 10 with a couple around 3lb. Also got 3 bass and a few calico. Was freakin cold out there Exclamation Wasn't expecting anything so the action was better than expected. Water level is very low considering the outflow is running. Very strange. Confused

Posted Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:32 pm

don51

Braved the weather and hit the pond this morning. A pickerel fest! Got at least 10 with a couple around 3lb. Also got 3 bass and a few calico. Was freakin cold out there Exclamation Wasn't expecting anything so the action was better than expected. Water level is very low considering the outflow is running. Very strange. Confused

Interesting. I fished Stump Pond, the pond that flows into Robbins, today, and it's at least a foot high.

Posted Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:14 pm

Should have come down and joined the pickerel fun! That is probably what snapped you off!

Posted Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:12 am

don51

Water level is very low considering the outflow is running. Very strange. Confused

I went to Hopedale Pond Thursday and that was very low as a few other ponds in town, yet the dams are overflowing. Strange Confused

Posted Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:56 am

The forecast called for light showers so I figured I would take a chance since the weather doesn't look good for the next week anyway. Got out on the water and it rained steady the entire 2 hrs. I was out! Got at least 25 bass, biggest was around 4lb, couple 3's and the rest were chunky 2's. Only 3 picks! I had to leave with them still biting! I was soaked completely through and was freezing! Almost all the fish came out of one small area, never saw so many fish stacked in one place before! It was tough leaving that kind of action!

Posted Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:30 am

That's awesome! Had that happen once, if your in the rain may as well be catching them. Except for being soaking wet and freezing, Congrats.

P.S.
Don't kill those pickerel

Posted Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:53 pm

Took a ride over this morning once the sun warmed things up a little. Still a pretty cold wind! Knew it would be a tough bite, nothing like last Saturday! Got 3 bass and 3 picks and had a couple escape. 1 bass and 1 pick were pushing 3lb. Wasn't expecting much so I guess it was a success! Laughing

Posted Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:46 am

Went over this morning with the waders since I am now kayakless! Laughing Nobody there, had the place to myself, just how I like it! Got 6, nothing over 2lb. Couple on a weightless power worm, couple on a wacky and a couple on a fluke. Not a lot of bites for whatever reason. Done by 9!

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:12 am

Don, why are you kayak-less?

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Moving. PM sent. Cool

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:22 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links