Moving from the S. Shore to Roslindale and looking for some good shore fishing/ hiking spots. Any suggestions?

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:06 pm

hiking blue hills is cool!!!! charles river in dedham is good for fishing also

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Blue Hills is cool unless you're a single woman...I heard there's a lot of kooks up there that like to show off their junk. I didn't have this problem when I hiked there though...

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:30 pm

volume4130

Blue Hills is cool unless you're a single woman...I heard there's a lot of kooks up there that like to show off their junk. I didn't have this problem when I hiked there though...

it's cause you didn't wear your low cut fishing shirt Volume

Posted Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:10 pm

hahaha, I knew I was doing something wrong...maybe I'll have better luck at the Sheepfold this year??

Posted Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:27 pm

Moving from the S. Shore to Roslindale and looking for some good shore fishing/ hiking spots. Any suggestions?

I live in Roslindale. Let me know when you get here. I will help you out.

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:31 pm

I recently moved to Jamaica Plain from Illinois. Still searching for some good places to shore fish around this area and would also appreciate some info. So many lakes, ponds and rivers to check out, I'm enjoying it so far.

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll be sure to avoid any junk-wielding strangers when I'm out.

Anyone been to Cutler Lake/Park?

Vinny, I'm moving over there 1st of April, maybe we can get together after I'm settled?

Tim

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:43 pm

Great Tim, looking forward to meet you.

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:43 pm

buckmaster pond in westwood. you can park in the lot on pond st. but you should pick up a pair of waders. This time of year there well worth the price.If your a shore fisherman. water levles are riseing. waders give you the freedom to reach spots outhers cant.

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:52 pm

I put my 12 ft jon boat in cutler, its about 3 ft all the way around besides one spot near the walking path where its 5 ft there, there are two big rocks and a log lay down in the whole pond where i caught 3 bass, 2 small ones and about a 2 1/2 pounder. not a place i would suggest fishing. but thats just my oppinion others might have had better luck than me. Buckmaster pond is one of my favorites, fished there when i was a kid and now i kill em on my boat. but shore fishing is always good there. fish the tree line parallel to pond st its a little walk from the parking lot but youll catch more fish.

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:17 pm

nobody showing you there junk at buckmaster. butthe cops still havent solved the muder of the old fisherman

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:46 pm

The in-laws live right on the Rosi West roxbury line. Anything in that turtle pond?

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:51 pm

kennypowers

The in-laws live right on the Rosi West roxbury line. Anything in that turtle pond?

Lots of Sunfish....not much of anything. Fish the Charles River, nice Largemouth there.

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm in West Roxbury as well and just got around to getting my license. From what everyone has been saying both on here and in the shops, Charles River is the spot to check out. I'm going to take a stab at sunday, over by the olde irish alehouse area.

Posted Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:00 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links