Does anyone have safe ice? I've been out once this season, and I'm going a little crazy...we had safe ice, then I think the edges melted a bunch. This week is going to be pretty cold at night, so maybe they'll lock back up??

I'm looking to get out this weekend possibly, so if anyone knows of where I can find this safe ice, let me know!

Posted Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Most of the waters down Upton way are completely thawed, or at least were over the last few days...with some cold temps in bound but warmer ones after em again I doubt any of these lakes will be safe this year.

Posted Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:17 pm

If anyone is looking for ice check out the website iceshanty.com there is a message board for mass and tons of great people willing to helP ya out we just had a gathering this Past Saturday and got a chance to meet a bunch of them and catch some fish.

Posted Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks for sharing that website...will definately come in handy in the future.

I'm going to do some ice fishing on Lake Boon on Sunday and Monday if anyone is interested. There is about 4 inches of ice in the basin near my house as of this past Monday...I was able to get out for a couple hours and landed 2 bass. The water has been open to the right of the narrows so it's fairly limited where you can go. I think with the last couple cold nights and the cold weather coming in this weekend it should be good to go!

Posted Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:24 am

There is plenty of ice in Cowhampshire.Went last sunday and there was at least 8" of ice.Going again this weekend.If you come up my way,central mass, there is plenty of ice on most lakes.Suppose to be real cold next few nights so that should freeze over some more.

Posted Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:06 am

When are you going sunday, Jeff? Maybe I'll come out...maybe I'll come out Saturday too???? I'll PM you!

Posted Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Does anyone know if you can access Lake Boone from the
public beach area??? Was going to go fishing there on saturday.
Can you put 4 wheelers on the ice there??.Is there enuff ice to drive 4 wheeler up the channel.Anybody interested in fishing Boone Saturday????Enuff people and we can have a derby.

Posted Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:25 am

This is angler21's private pond!!! Do you have his permission?

I'm totally kidding Very Happy

He would be the guy in the know. But i was just down the road from there last weekend and the body of water i went by was open water!
Be Careful

Posted Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:49 am

Yeah I dunno bout Boone Specifically..but I don't think taking the 4 wheeler is a good idea on any ice this year. Too much warm cold warm cold etc..some of it may seem safe but I am betting that most places are fairly weak this year.

Posted Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:17 am

A couple of idiots riding snowmobiles went through the ice on Winni Sat. Exclamation Temps in the 40's all this week Exclamation Time to start focusing on open water fishing Exclamation

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:13 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links