thanks

Posted Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:37 pm

stratos1966

tunasty13

stratos1966

southshoreyaker

Thanks so much for all the info. Will be headed to Plymouth soon and am camping in Kingston ma on darby pond don't know if there are smallies in it.

No smallies in Darby. Closest best bet ( and prob. your best bet in Plymouth is/are Little south and Great South. Boot pond right next to those 2 also has them but in smaller numbers.

There was only 20 boats there yesterday. Might as well totally ruin it...

Don't get nasty with me

lol sry it just sucks. it used to be such a good spot and has just been getting slammed every day. it stinks when a honey hole gets blown up. no hard feelings Cool

Posted Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:04 pm

don51

There has to be better smallie ponds than Little South and Great South! I don't find either one of them to be very productive. I sometimes wonder if there are any fish in Little South. Rolling Eyes

In plymouth... no. I mean Big Sandy has all the 12" smallies you can handle if all you want is small smallies. For better fish you have to head over the bridge.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:48 am

tunasty13

stratos1966

tunasty13

stratos1966

southshoreyaker

Thanks so much for all the info. Will be headed to Plymouth soon and am camping in Kingston ma on darby pond don't know if there are smallies in it.

No smallies in Darby. Closest best bet ( and prob. your best bet in Plymouth is/are Little south and Great South. Boot pond right next to those 2 also has them but in smaller numbers.

Don't get nasty with me

lol sry it just sucks. it used to be such a good spot and has just been getting slammed every day. it stinks when a honey hole gets blown up. no hard feelings Cool

If this was 10- 15 years ago I would have never mentioned it. Place has been getting hit hard ever since. I did not think its was a secret anymore.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:51 am

tunasty13

stratos1966

tunasty13

stratos1966

southshoreyaker

Don't get nasty with me

Agreed with Tunasty. Surprised it came from you of all people. Gotta love bumper boats. On a related note, 4 bass boats on Oldham at 5:20 am on a Sunday? Pave it.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:57 am

samf

tunasty13

stratos1966

tunasty13

stratos1966

southshoreyaker

Don't get nasty with me

Agreed with Tunasty. Surprised it came from you of all people. Gotta love bumper boats. On a related note, 4 bass boats on Oldham at 5:20 am on a Sunday? Pave it.

There is no Trolling in bass fishing Evil or Very Mad

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:14 am

There's also no spot burning. I learned that from you...

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:33 am

samf

There's also no spot burning. I learned that from you...

Great South is no secret, in fact nothing is a secret anymore. The internet ruined it all!!!

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:09 am

Looking around on the map view it seems Manchester reservoir in Attleboro is the closest spot to catch smallies near me even though you can't use boats there.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:03 am

It certainmly doesn't help with a place's demise to mention specific names for the lurkers.

And yes Machester res. has them. There are some small places in Myles Standish that have them as well. Shore or kayak.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:38 pm

I do not mean to spot burn I am a beginner fisher.

Last edited by southshoreyaker on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:59 pm

samf

It certainmly doesn't help with a place's demise to mention specific names for the lurkers.

And yes Machester res. has them. There are some small places in Myles Standish that have them as well. Shore or kayak.

Said the guy who mentioned Oldham in his bash of me...

Everybody knows oldham

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:26 pm

That's exaxtly why I said Oldham. Everyone knows it and it has insanely easy access. But compared to 4 years ago the pressure is insane. So it's a good example of the Internet inpact.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:11 pm

southshoreyaker

I do not mean to spot burn I am a beginner fisher.

Not you at all.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:12 pm

My bad.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:37 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links