Oh yeah, my bad. that pikerel is 5. not 6. lol I typed it fast. didnt bother to look at math. But no, its not at LS. I fished pond that has 45 ft deep. fish at that deeper part of it.

LS is heat up. fish are schooled up now.

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:10 pm

Told myself I was done for the season this wknd! Yeah right Laughing Let it warm up a little and headed over to a shallow pond in Hanson around noon. A yakker was leaving when I got there and said he got shutout. Put on the waders and headed out. After a few casts I hooked into a pickerel around 2lb on a CD Rapala. I hate em but I'll take it. 10 min later I get a nice thump and get a bass around 4lb. The trip is already a success! Fished for another half hour or so without a strike. Working my way back I hit some dying pads with a brush hog. Get thumped, set the hook and lost it before I could grab it. Next cast another thump and get one around 2lb. Worked my way around the pads and get hit again and proceed to lose that one! The hook actually broke! Put on a grub and started jigging around the pads. Another thump and got one around a lb or so. Got another one as I was finishing up around 1-2 lb. Wasn't a bad 2 hr outing for this time of year. Couldn't find any crappie or perch in the usual spots. Sunny, a light breeze, doesn't get much better for Dec. 15!

Posted Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:34 pm

little south??

Posted Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:12 pm

LS is not stand for little south. Sorry.

Don51 - yep, I'm still catching 4 bass at LS at 5-7pm. they are hanging at structure. like dropoffs.

Posted Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:18 pm

deaffisherman

LS is not stand for little south. Sorry.

Don51 - yep, I'm still catching 4 bass at LS at 5-7pm. they are hanging at structure. like dropoffs.

I was in Hanson. Went to LS Sat. morning, freakin cold! Got 1 small bass and a couple of perch. A school would chase the lure in but not commit. That pond has great bottom structure. I can't hit it with the waders though! Laughing (Little South is a terrible cold water pond by the way)

Posted Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:50 am

you can hit the LS at bottom by wading at south of pond. where the street is at. you can be like 100-150 feet away from shore and still in 3-4 ft of water. But now, its lower...

Posted Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:41 pm

This has been a great week so far! Wish I wasn't by myself and in waders because I would of liked to be able to put up some photos! This very well could be the last hurrah of the season! Sad

Posted Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:59 pm

I caught over 20+ fish on Friday then 60+ fish on today before pats game is on. water temp was 37-39. I fished at dropoff or slope, whatever you called it. Hammered them on jerkbait, senkos, and jigs. whatever they want on that moment. Being super slow presentation is key. At one point, I haven't moved my jig for like a minute then small twitch, boom. bass is on. But yes, caught various of fish out there. Crappies up to 2lbs, up to 5lbs pikerels, up to 2lbs yellow perch, and up to 4lbs bass.

Posted Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Did you go to Florida for the day? Laughing

Posted Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:17 pm

Haha, I wish I was! Excellent fishery in Florida! But yeah, wishful dream for sure.

Anyway, it was heat up hard. all fish was biting. If I did downsize my size of lure, I'll probably get over 150+ fish easily. But no, I don't want the babies. LOL It was nut that monster crappie on each casts. All was between 1-2lbs! I never had this kind of crappie fishing in whole life. Not that many quality crappie at all. Even any kind of fish either. It was definitely awesome for December fishing.

Posted Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:55 am

Was at LS this morning. Shut out! May of had a strike but not even sure. I thought the crappie and perch bite would be on fire. It very well may have been but I couldn't find them. I'm thinking they may have moved out deeper. I'll finish up the open water season in the shallow pond.

Posted Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:26 pm

oh LS is shut down for until ice come in. Thats definitely for sure. fish are roaming different locations at every day.

Yeah, shallow water ponds are your best bet for wading.

Posted Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:52 pm

Went back to my shallow pond. Got 3 bass from the same spot within 5 minutes! (dead pads) Only 2 other light taps on a tube. Thought the crappie and perch bite would be on today for sure. Conditions were perfect, just wasn't happening! Still better than a shutout! Laughing

Posted Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:26 pm

havent gone out in a couple weeks

Posted Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:34 am

The window will be closing soon! Friday and Sat. are supposed to be sunny and around 50 deg. Make it happen! Laughing

Posted Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links